Small abs ballons on model

Thanks Marcin, I’ve done fresh maintenance on my printer and it didn’t help, plus it was doing out the box from the first print, on two separate printers bought from separate resellers.

Hmmm?

Discussion finished I guess :)

One customer gets recommended a new PCB and heater, another with the same problem gets suggested nothing.

Shame really.

Discussion finished I guess :)

One customer gets recommended a new PCB and heater, another with the same problem gets suggested nothing.

Shame really.

I've asked about some photos of that faulty prints. 

No worries, I will print over the weekend if that's cool?

Here are some photos of last nights print, done with a brand new nozzle, I usually rotate between 3... all show the same problem.

Nick

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

ps thank you for your responses

No worries, I will print over the weekend if that's cool?

Here are some photos of last nights print, done with a brand new nozzle, I usually rotate between 3... all show the same problem.

Nick

attachicon.gifIMG_1183.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1181.JPG

I would call it retraction but if you want, we may try replacing heater+PCB but first, please send me STL / ZCODE so I can print it on our printer(s). 

By 'just' I meant that retraction is part of 3D printing, we are working on it but its not something that could be fixed on-the-fly. 

yes but come on, how difficult would be (in a closed controlled system like yours) to make the retraction settings "just" perfect?

for example this is "just" a cylinder...

cylinder.jpg

yes but come on, how difficult would be (in a closed controlled system like yours) to make the retraction settings "just" perfect?

for example this is "just" a cylinder...

cylinder.jpg

Can you get me that model? That part in the background concerns me as well. 

The retraction setting is 0.5mm for all profiles and resolutions apart from Z-Glass where it's 1.5mm. And apart from very small variations, it seems to be a completely static value.

It doesn't really look like there are complex mechanisms involved, so the question should be allowed why it's so super difficult to let the user tweak this setting a bit in some advanced dialog.

Agreed