Small abs ballons on model

Why models printed has a small ballons of abs on the surface?

I printed the model with z-abs at 0.14 layer ticknes…

Could be heating as well as retraction, more photos would be useful.

More pics

As the nozzle jumps from one area of print to another a small amount of plastic can ooze out and is wiped off on the edge of the next area to be printed, usually this can be avoided with retract amounts in the code and proper temp settings to reduce the amount of expansion.

Of course you know we (the users) do not have access to these settings as the system is a closed one.

These blobs should not be a problem to scrape off and then apply a little heat to make the left over stressed whiter surface back to color.

Issues that cause the blobs problem:

Under Retraction while moving print head

Nozzle temp too high

Dirty Nozzle

Nozzle not fully seated into heater block

(A few others I cant remember right now)

Ok, why my M200 is doing this?

I think that this kind of issues doesnt happen on this printer due is closed system and testing with his materials…

Ok, why my M200 is doing this?

I think that this kind of issues doesnt happen on this printer due is closed system and testing with his materials…

Can you show me STL or at least screenshot from Z-Suite? If its single model, retraction should not be matter of discussion. 

Better, a screnshot with print options chosed and a zip with zproject  ;)

Better, a screnshot with print options chosed and a zip with zproject  ;)

great, I will print it, should be ready tomorrow morning. 

ps. In the meantime, you may try print one part of that model (lets say - tail)

great, I will print it, should be ready tomorrow morning.

ps. In the meantime, you may try print one part of that model (lets say - tail)

Ok, i will print tail and tomorrow i upload the results :wink:

Better than print full model, but still having ballons on wings, and small ballons on body.

Hello, 

I've printed it, it looks better. Its most likely heating then. You should contact your reseller and ask for Heater&thermocoupler and PCB. If they wont be able to help you, contact us through  Support Form (www.support.form.com/support-form).

Hello, 

I've printed it, it looks better. Its most likely heating then. You should contact your reseller and ask for Heater&thermocoupler and PCB. If they wont be able to help you, contact us through  Support Form (www.support.form.com/support-form).

I send you a PM

Hi Marcin,

Apologies to thread hijack, I've had this problem for ages, and was never advised to contact my reseller... is blobbing and stringing due to a heating issue? Is it due to too hot or too cold?

There are many threads regarding this, and I've changed the way I print [use only single items per print run, clean blobs /strings etc] in order to live with the problem.

Please let me know if you think the other problems I have written about could be resolved by a new Heater&thermocoupler and PCB.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Hi Marcin,

Apologies to thread hijack, I've had this problem for ages, and was never advised to contact my reseller... is blobbing and stringing due to a heating issue? Is it due to too hot or too cold?

There are many threads regarding this, and I've changed the way I print [use only single items per print run, clean blobs /strings etc] in order to live with the problem.

Please let me know if you think the other problems I have written about could be resolved by a new Heater&thermocoupler and PCB.

Thanks in advance

Nick

If printing single part alone solves the issue, its not heating, its just retraction.

sorry but what do you mean by "just"?

sorry but what do you mean by "just"?

By 'just' I meant that retraction is part of 3D printing, we are working on it but its not something that could be fixed on-the-fly. 

I get nodules on all sorts of models, depends on the geometry. I've just done a set of 10 parts which should have been a single outline with minimal infill, due to geometry there was a lift and the ooze left a blob on the same place on every print. As the layers increase the blob steps put, as it catches the blob on the layer below, creating diagonal structures.

I also get it on columns or multiple objects on one build plate.

They are easily removed and cleaned... The thing that piqued my curiosity is how amazing your tail print came out. My prints generally look like Arclaids examples, strings, blobs etc. Yours are completely clean. 

Originally I thought something was up with my printer, so I returned it. I got a second one which exhibited the same problem so I thought it was me, or retraction settings in z-suite. Only other possibility was a batch that had the same problem.

But looking at your print, it makes me think there is some difference.

Like you say I can't adjust retraction, but it'd be great if you guys could confirm to me if it is retraction [software fix, happy to wait for you guys] or a hardware issue, that could be fixed/swapped out.

Thanks for listening!

Nick

PS If I assume you [Marcin] printed both parts on one plate, I'll go so far as saying my M200 has *never* printed that beautifully.

Nick

I get nodules on all sorts of models, depends on the geometry. I've just done a set of 10 parts which should have been a single outline with minimal infill, due to geometry there was a lift and the ooze left a blob on the same place on every print. As the layers increase the blob steps put, as it catches the blob on the layer below, creating diagonal structures.

I also get it on columns or multiple objects on one build plate.

They are easily removed and cleaned... The thing that piqued my curiosity is how amazing your tail print came out. My prints generally look like Arclaids examples, strings, blobs etc. Yours are completely clean. 

Originally I thought something was up with my printer, so I returned it. I got a second one which exhibited the same problem so I thought it was me, or retraction settings in z-suite. Only other possibility was a batch that had the same problem.

But looking at your print, it makes me think there is some difference.

Like you say I can't adjust retraction, but it'd be great if you guys could confirm to me if it is retraction [software fix, happy to wait for you guys] or a hardware issue, that could be fixed/swapped out.

Thanks for listening!

Nick

To be honest, it was printed on freshly maintained printer (calibrated, with cleaned nozzle etc). It could be it but I can tell you more if you show me same model (printed using same setting as stated above). 

ps. yes, both parts on plate at the same time.