Small dragon print

Here is a small dragon print, it has very fragile wing so i haven’t remove the support yet. Need to print it again when we can adjust thicker wall ? or maybe i should use 30 support. I just use 10 support for this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2852693/20140106_074948.jpg

Ooh, dragons are one of my favorite things to print! Can you share the STL file?

julia

I think it might be this one Julia… http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:73466

Thanks, I wonder how I missed that one! And I especially love it when someone says “this is not printable” - then I HAVE to print it :slight_smile:

wow it is so complicated model,

30 degrees support can help but for this model the best will be 0.1 or 0.14 layer height or rotate this object around -20degree in Y axis.

Walls thickness cannot be adjusted because is calculated by software - weak points are improved automatically.

This model show some for me flaws in support structure algorithm few points are not supported - something to fix.

Hmm, I wonder if it would be better to print this dragon sideways as it is shown on Thingiverse or on it’s feet? There’s quite a bit of support either way.

[quote name=JuliaTruchsess]And I especially love it when someone says “this is not printable” - then I HAVE to print it :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I remember that you were the first person which printed “this is not printable” the Clumsy Dragon and many Dizingof models then at that time we started to use this models for tune Zortrax support generation algorithm :slight_smile:

Best Regards

@Martin You wouldn’t believe how long it take for the printer to do the initial base layout, about 3-4 hour. After that it speed up

[quote name=ticanaus]@Martin You wouldn’t believe how long it take for the printer to do the initial base layout, about 3-4 hour. After that it speed up
[/quote]

Yes base layout take a little of time now I try to print this model in 0.11 scale it will take full platform :slight_smile:

With reprint this dragon please wait we should fix few small errors in support generation because as I see support structure can be generated a little better for this kind of models.

Best Regards

@Julia Hey Julia, how did your dragon print turn out ? :slight_smile:

@Martin pic please when you finish :).

I just encounter the 60 second limited between post :slight_smile: