Small wing section printing problem

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to print small wing sections and join them later.

I tryed z-hips, z-ultrat materials, and I'm still having the same problem with trailing edge which is "wrapping" or "peeling off"from the raft layer.

Im attaching 3 images showing my problem.

Any advice to improve the printing process?

Best Regards

Tomek

There is going to be a lot of people with more experience than me, but: I think the main problem is that you have a long narrow section terminating in a thin edge. This concentrates a lot of the shrink stresses in a very small area. Have you considered adding a pillar of sacrificial material at the trailing edge, connected by a thin ribbon? You would break or cut this off after printing. It would reduce the stress riser at the trailing edge/raft junction. Enclosing the sides also seems to help by slowing the cooling rate (perhaps you have already done that). 

There is going to be a lot of people with more experience than me, but: I think the main problem is that you have a long narrow section terminating in a thin edge. This concentrates a lot of the shrink stresses in a very small area. Have you considered adding a pillar of sacrificial material at the trailing edge, connected by a thin ribbon? You would break or cut this off after printing. It would reduce the stress riser at the trailing edge/raft junction. Enclosing the sides also seems to help by slowing the cooling rate (perhaps you have already done that). 

I also work with Up 3D printers and this is something I occasionally do with thin walled or larger objects. In Z-Suite this is sadly not possible (I think) but in the Up software I just load a little model of a ring that I copy a few times, place them against or through the main model and then click ''Merge''. The Up software then makes a new model with all the little anchors attached and also slices it as one model. You could try this but then you will have to prepare the model in other software (like MeshMixer) to combine meshes/models.

So: maybe a nice feauture request, the ability to print colliding models anyway or before printing the option to merge files.

What infill are you using?

I would either add a wider base to the bottom and then cut it off or simply make the wing a tad longer and then sand it flat afterwards. There is simply very little raft contact area in the back.

Have you tried to rotate it and print on its side?

I think putting sides on the printer will help .if you have sides try giving it les fan speed

Firstly i would like thank you all for giving mi help with this issue.

I tryed to use, different infill and fan settings with no positive effort.  

Printing on the side, seems OK, but i want to have a nice surfaace. Even 0.09 layer is for me unacceptable.

I'll try to print this one more time with a pillar on the trailing edge, and maybe I'll try to make a wider base in the next iteration.

Thanks!