Smart Bridges

What is the point of "Smart Bridges" if it's not "smart" enough to know that the M200 is capable of bridging a 2.4mm dia hole?

Capture.JPG

It would be a great feature if it actually worked.

yup they need to step up the support options...or ultimaker 3 will be my next 3d printer instead of a new m200..

Have to admit that SB is 'bit' bugged. 

Can I get that STL, please?

Needs to be printed in this orientation due to design criteria. Getting the main support out is OK, but getting support out of the 2.4mm holes is too difficult, and should be unnecessary.

Needs to be printed in this orientation due to design criteria. Getting the main support out is OK, but getting support out of the 2.4mm holes is too difficult, and should be unnecessary.

https://cloud.zortrax.com:444/index.php/s/qfulTh0St9xJXHO

SB: ON, support inside holes is gone.

ps. out of curiosity, you can compare top layer of both zcodes after printing (yours and mine) 

I get a 403 Forbidden error when I click your link so I can't see what you did differently. Maybe it's a 1.7.1 vs 1.6.1 issue, as I'm using the latter?

Thanks.

I get a 403 Forbidden error when I click your link so I can't see what you did differently. Maybe it's a 1.7.1 vs 1.6.1 issue, as I'm using the latter?

Thanks.

I was using 171 and Test version, zcode has been made using test one. 

Maybe a noob question, but what is the design criteria to print it this way?

If you turn it upside down, you dont have support and less material.

The after you print it, use a heat gun to get the white bottom smooth and it is finished?

Maybe a noob question, but what is the design criteria to print it this way?

If you turn it upside down, you dont have support and less material.

The after you print it, use a heat gun to get the white bottom smooth and it is finished?

Even if you use a heat gun on the bottom surface, it will never be anywhere near as nice-looking as a top surface. This particular part needs to look really good on that surface.