Smoked Lexan enclosure covers - Sexy ;-)

Smoked 1/4" Polycarbonate panels.  I still need to add some concealed hinges on the inside.  Right now they are just held in place by a slight press fit.  Sexy ;-)

The ones I've seen posted here and on EBay are probably a better idea because they are simple to make and can attach to the steel screws via magnets but I had some spare smoked Polycarbonate laying around and a couple hours to kill so I figured, why not.  Its, more work to make them work as a flush mount design but I really like the clean look.

Wow those look nice!!  :o

How are they attached? If they're tricky to put on and take off I could see them getting annoying quite quick. 

I have hinges on mine. Attached with 3M Super strength molding tape  #03614. Works great!!! Used two magnets for latch.

you could design some supports to be placed inside the frame, and attach them with 3M tape as Kyle says.

The supports could have magnets, and magnets on covers that will look very nice.

Nice work, if you don’t mind drilling holes in your printer I have a hinge design that will work great. But your on your own to come up with the latch.

For now these are just a press fit until I can make a concealed hinge.  gadgetstogo (post above this one) has some really nice enclosure panels on EBay that attach with magnets which makes it really easy.  

Kyle... I'm using 3M VHB 4941 (very high bond) tape on another project and that stuff is great.  Its good for up to 220F too so no worries about it losing strength as the enclosure warms.  That's probably what I'll use to attach my hinges.

I have a 2"x4"x5" tall part I'm printing now that is at around the 4" tall mark right now and still doing well.  I can see a really slight amount of warping at the base but it looks very good.  My guess is that the enclosure panels help reduce warping and delamination on tall parts like this.  This part is at the 22 hour mark right now with another couple of hours to go.  I would hate for it to pop off near the end ;-)  I'll see how it looks when I wake up tomorrow I suppose.

For now these are just a press fit until I can make a concealed hinge.  gadgetstogo (post above this one) has some really nice enclosure panels on EBay that attach with magnets which makes it really easy.  

Kyle... I'm using 3M VHB 4941 (very high bond) tape on another project and that stuff is great.  Its good for up to 220F too so no worries about it losing strength as the enclosure warms.  That's probably what I'll use to attach my hinges.

I have a 2"x4"x5" tall part I'm printing now that is at around the 4" tall mark right now and still doing well.  I can see a really slight amount of warping at the base but it looks very good.  My guess is that the enclosure panels help reduce warping and delamination on tall parts like this.  This part is at the 22 hour mark right now with another couple of hours to go.  I would hate for it to pop off near the end ;-)  I'll see how it looks when I wake up tomorrow I suppose.

there are no magnets in my doors on e bay jest a twist latch that holds the doors in and I have a gasket to help the door sell

Smoked 1/4" Polycarbonate panels.  I still need to add some concealed hinges on the inside.  Right now they are just held in place by a slight press fit.  Sexy ;-)

The ones I've seen posted here and on EBay are probably a better idea because they are simple to make and can attach to the steel screws via magnets but I had some spare smoked Polycarbonate laying around and a couple hours to kill so I figured, why not.  Its, more work to make them work as a flush mount design but I really like the clean look.

Looks a bit similar to mine! http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/713-show-your-zortrax-m200/#entry14327

Those look great, Jamie.