Software struggles with large files?

so iv been using my zortrax to print small items with no problem at work, but for the past few days i have been setting up some large prints that are taking like 24 hours to print and im running into software problems.

the software crashes or just takes a very long time and when it finally slices, i get an error about disabling display or something like that, anyone else experiencing this? is it a software problem or is it my computer?

The disabling of display refresh is very annoying, but not necessarily a crash or error I think. It just runs out of processing power or memory or something and can no longer update the print preview display but slicing continues successfully in my experience.

I'm thinking that might be a computer issue.. What are the specs on the computer?

I would suggest to take a look at the amount of memory and handles, using any monitor utility. It looks like a typical

memory or handle leak to me.

the software crashes or just takes a very long time and when it finally slices, i get an error about disabling display or something like that, anyone else experiencing this? is it a software problem or is it my computer?

The best is if operating system is 64bit due of with 32bit OS every application is limited to 1GB memory space.

Error about disabling display is not error just a message, application detected that performance of your graphic card is too low to display toolpath, you can still save generated map into memory card just you cannot 3D preview it.

Best Regards

It's happened to me on Win7 64-bit but only on extremely complex large models (like the one in my profile pic :) )