Spots after aceton vapour on gray models

Did anyone noticed some light spots (fingerprints) after some time, even days, after a gray parts has been vaporised?

It happend to me for warm gray and cold gray Z-ABS.

How to avoid or how to remove?

Thanks

Just use thin gloves when handling the part.

After how many days can be touched by hands without creating these light spots?

Thanks

Did anyone noticed some light spots (fingerprints) after some time, even days, after a gray parts has been vaporised?

It happend to me for warm gray and cold gray Z-ABS.

How to avoid or how to remove?

Thanks

How long are you exposing the vapor to the print for? It should only be 30 seconds to a minute the most depending on the layer height you used. People that leave it in for 5 to 20 mins have it wrong. It has no benefit on the print unless your using a paint can and not exciting the acetone with heat like a steamer which is what I use

I usually leave it for around 1 hour at steel can with napkins. Than not touching it for 3-4 hours.

After this time the part looks amazing, but some days after there are light spots from fingers, which I don’t know why.

Do you think this long time could be a reason?

Thanks

:huh: Hum...

Perhaps Trhuster has it; finger spots could come from handling parts with no gloves then acetone doesn't work the same on dry or "greasy" surface.

did you use gloves before acetone vaporing ?

Yeah definitely ABS absorbs moisture so if it’s exposed for long periods of time then it will absorb more acetone and most likely trap some vapor inside the print. My method takes 30 seconds to 35 seconds since I print at .14 or lower and I can handle within an hour without leaving marks.

I would trust that. I will try to remove the marks by sanding and to use some short vaporing by steam.

Thanks