Starting point of the new layer

A picture is better than a long speech !

In Z-Suite 1,6,1 :

- Only 1 stl file for the two objects

- Z-ABS black

- Same print settings

- Seam: normal

- Only difference : a different orientation on the plate for each of printed objects :

We directly see that the seams are not in the same places :o :frowning: 

Depending on the case, this is a big problem for the visual quality or finish of the object.

It is urgent that we can choose ourselves the starting point of the new layer ! :rolleyes:

Agreed! Let us see and set seam locations in Z-Suite.

What version has been used to print LEFT part? 

Can I get STL, please?

both objects = 1 stl file

both z-code made in z-suite 1,6,1

1.03 firmware

A picture is better than a long speech !

<snip>

We directly see that the seams are not in the same places :o :( 

Depending on the case, this is a big problem for the visual quality or finish of the object.

Great illustration of a problem.

In z-suite the seam location is partial dependent on z axis rotation. However, you can largely force the seam location by putting a very very small (depth and width) cut in the model where you would like the seam to be. I've done this, with the downside of resulting seam ending up a bit more pronounced (but in a more acceptable area)... there might be a better geometry than what I used though.

Totally agree it would be awesome to have

1. Highlighting of seam location(s)

2. Control of seam location(s) in z-suite, at least partially

oh, its no big secret that you can adjust model on a plate to achieve best seam location but its hard since seam preview itself is not present (yet). I keep fighting for that preview for you guys. 

Yes, it is hard !

And it would be a great achievement if we could see the seam on each layer ! (another color for example)

And even better if we could define it !

Marcin, thank you for being our relay to the factory ! :rolleyes:

It also might be a good idea to make support transparent so you can see the seam with models that have a lot of support around them

Why not have toggle on/off buttons for Raft, Support, and part viewing. With the addition of a contrasting color whenever a gap, such as the nozzle jump or layer shift (seam), is present. 

That seems like the best way to go about it to me.

Why not have toggle on/off buttons for Raft, Support, and part viewing. With the addition of a contrasting color whenever a gap, such as the nozzle jump or layer shift (seam), is present. 

That seems like the best way to go about it to me.

I believe that Support / Raft preview [on|off] shouldn't be hard to implement.

ps. do not treat this as a promise :)