Stepper Motor that feeds the filament is just pulsing

The Stepper Motor that feeds the filament is just pulsing.  The gear doesn't feed the filament unless I push down on the filament.  This occurred after a print and tried a filament change.  All wires are secure.  Any simple fix for this do I need a new motor.  Only had the printer a few months and not that many prints.  The following video that someone posted shows the issue.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFgLgDJkOS8&feature=youtu.be

thanks in advance,

Ted

To me this looks like the either the stepper or control board are fried. You’ll probably want to contact support to see if they could help you out.

The Stepper Motor that feeds the filament is just pulsing.  The gear doesn't feed the filament unless I push down on the filament.  This occurred after a print and tried a filament change.  All wires are secure.  Any simple fix for this do I need a new motor.  Only had the printer a few months and not that many prints.  The following video that someone posted shows the issue.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFgLgDJkOS8&feature=youtu.be

thanks in advance,

Ted

This happened to me when I first ran my zortrax from new.

It was a bad ribbon cable.

Make sure that the ribbon is home and the clips secure, you could try wiggling the cable when it is trying to feed to see if the issue stops, if it does, it is defo the cable.

This happened to me when I first ran my zortrax from new.

It was a bad ribbon cable.

Make sure that the ribbon is home and the clips secure, you could try wiggling the cable when it is trying to feed to see if the issue stops, if it does, it is defo the cable.

ssangster is correct in that the ribbon cable could be the cause, as I find most often with the M200 the ribbon cables can be difficult to seat into the PCB or they have a break somewhere in them. On my personal printer there is a break about 1 inch above the connector. It is only problematic when the cable gets bent forward more than 80*. If you find that to be your problem, just contact the reseller (or Zortrax is you bought from them directly) and tell them your findings. If you bought from Octave I am more than willing to help you get back on track.

-Michael

I have the same problem with my M200 and it's a problem with the ribbon cables.

I didn't change this cable yet, but I have found a "good" position and scotch it and now it's working. But I have to change this cable too.

This looks like a typical problem with the ribbon cable. Please contact us at: support@zortrax.com or contact your Zortrax Reseller directly to receive help in this matter.