Surface bubbles

I've been getting these bubbles/ bumps on the top surface of printed flat models. This is the latest print and this time I cranked the fan up to 80% and I had 4 objects printed simultaneously, one in each corner as far away from each other as possible. This is Z-ultrat, 0.09 mm, high quality speed. Any idea how to avoid getting these?

can you get me STL ?

I get that sort of defect whenever my my lower fan(s) fail.

I got similar results on a 0.09mm print with medium infil.

You can try to print with high infil or 0.14mm

An image of above mentioned effect I had

Yep, that looks very similar to what I get. I will try higher infill. Thanks for the advice!

Yep, that looks very similar to what I get. I will try higher infill. Thanks for the advice!

I don't think that this looks similar. What Brett90's pic show is a misalignment between the infill and top surface.

I would always try to adjust the bottom and top layer count (raise) before adjusting infill (raise) if more infill is not what is needed.

I don't think that this looks similar. What Brett90's pic show is a misalignment between the infill and top surface.

I would always try to adjust the bottom and top layer count (raise) before adjusting infill (raise) if more infill is not what is needed.

What do you mean with misalignment? It sounds like it can be fixed?

What do you mean with misalignment? It sounds like it can be fixed?

Maybe a translation issue, had no better words at the time writing...

If you set a low infill the gaps between the infill structure get quite big. For the printer to close that gaps and create a smooth surface (this is mostly about surfaces above that infill, means top surfaces) it has to bridge the gaps. If there are too less layers above that gaps it can look like on your print. This 'misalignment' or maybe better 'wrong ratio' between the width of the gaps (infill) and number of layers to put a surface above it is related to the layer height also (smaller layers need more top layers to get a clean surface).

That said, I would raise the number of top layers in the advanced settings of Z-Suite and check if the surface is clean then.

If not, you have to set higher infill.

As mentioned, it could also be related to the fan (wich means temp also).

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/19503-pillowing

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/19503-pillowing

Great article from the enemy (not mine) but it does not mention the role of infill.

The part shown has low infill wich requires large bridges and that amplifies the effect described.

Higher infill could help also but is often not desired.

I get this when I have only 3 top layers (I mostly have the fan on 20%), increase to 4 or 5 and the problem is gone.

Cheers