Swap bed and keep printing?

So it looks like I can build up a new heated bed assembly, and it'll be identical to the original, so I can disconnect the wiring, pull the bed off the magnets, drop another bed in it's place, reconnect the wires, and start printing immediately.

Has anyone done this?  Is it really that easy, or do I have to recalibrate the bed each time I swap to a new one?

I find that I'm spending enough time removing the previous print, cleaning the bed, reinstalling, and then heating everything back up that I could save at least 1/2 hour by swapping the bed....

I'm also trying to nail down exactly what parts make up the bed assembly, as they don't seem to sell it as a single part...

Thanks!

You can contact your reseller or if you bought from Zortrax direct and ask if you can buy an extra build plate and perf board. Some Resellers keep them in stock but do not list them online. 

Exactly what I did, got a complete bed from Romanian reseller and I swap between beds.

Remember to use gloves as the bed will be about 70C.

So it looks like I can build up a new heated bed assembly, and it'll be identical to the original, so I can disconnect the wiring, pull the bed off the magnets, drop another bed in it's place, reconnect the wires, and start printing immediately.

Has anyone done this?  Is it really that easy, or do I have to recalibrate the bed each time I swap to a new one?

I find that I'm spending enough time removing the previous print, cleaning the bed, reinstalling, and then heating everything back up that I could save at least 1/2 hour by swapping the bed....

I'm also trying to nail down exactly what parts make up the bed assembly, as they don't seem to sell it as a single part...

Thanks!

Is there something wrong with your bed?

As the holes get built up with material it will always take a little extra time heating up. I just soaked mine in acetone and works great when I get too much build up. 

Replacing a perf plate just because of build up is kinda....well (cough).

I even had an issue with the bed heater at one time making contact so I bought one and replaced it. easy peasy. lol

Nothing wrong with my bed, I just want another one, so I can swap them out, start the next printout, and then have plenty of time to remove the previous print, clean the bed, get the next code file ready, and be ready to print again as soon as the current one is done.

With all the distractions this afternoon it took me 4 hours to start the next print, if I had another bed I could have started that much earlier.

I've ordered the heated bed assembly (which includes the hardware and magnets) and the perforated plate, which ought to make up the assembly I need.

More News As It Happens!

More News, Because It Happened:  Followup 12/14/2015

Neither the bed NOR the perforated plate include the hardware necessary to bolt them together in an assembly, though I was assured they did.

You'll need 16 of an 

M3 × 0.5 x 6 metric  Flat-Head Cap Screw
	</div>

like http://www.mcmaster.com/#91263a822/=108jl5b(*)

(*) I got these because they are magnetic, and I like using magnetized drivers, but they aren't very strong, I keep damaging the heads when I tighten them.  I'll probably go with a stainless steel screw next time.

I found a reseller in the US and bought an additional bed.  Very handy to have.  Don't blame you for wanting one.  Now if they'll just make the bed wiring harness for sale in the US I'll be happy.

If anyone wants to do this I carry the beds and plates.

www.exoticdesigns3d.com. Thanks

(US ONLY)