Temperature of hotend when loading/unloading filament

Hi, I was wondering if the temperature the hotend is reached when going to load or unload filament is set based on previous temperature used?

I’m just thinking if I can he from a low temp filament such as PLA and go to a much hotter filament such as Nylon, wether the hotend is reaching a suitable temperature for loading the filamen.

I have some high temp filaments that have not loaded correctly using the load filament process and mean I have to clean out the hobbed gear unless I run a print at the correct temp and use that to load the filament.
Thanks

Hey there.

For M200, material loading temperature is one for all materials and it’s 240°C.

Hello,

At my M200 the hotend is only 180 °C at loading and manual heatup.
I have taken measures because I can´t load filament any longer. There is not enough force to push it into the head block or the hotend it not hot enough.
So I wonder, which temperature should I see while loading?

Any Idea what the problem could be at my printer?

Michael.

What method are you using for taking temperature ?
Anyway it could be heater or thermocoupler or PCB

Hello Michael,

as for the M200 - the loading temperature should be ~240°C. Therefore, it seems that one of the following parts is malfunctioning: heater&thermocouple, extruder cable, PCB. Just in case - make sure that all components are firmly plugged into the extruder PCB and that the heater&thermcouple are properly secured in the hotend.

Best regards
Karolina