The cost of M200 spares

I work in the UK film industry and use my m200 daily some times 24/7, all my machines are over 4000 hours now so I regularly change out parts to keep them running

I have noticed a massive mark up in the UK with M200 spare parts, I understand that this is now a discontinued machine but that fact v2 hot-end nozzles have now doubled in price from £36 to £69.99.

Also I am disappointed in the cost of the door and side covers being of substandard quality and that fact the cost for replacements is £79!

Come on zortrax sort it out

1 Like

yep I agree I also use multiple m200’s amongst others(don’t get me started!)
and the fact that zortrax seem to have doubled the cost of most of the m200 spares seems like a cynical move to fast track the machine to obseletion strange how the parts for the new m200 plus are virtually half the price…

2 Likes

Hey there!
Let me clarify the situation.
As we’ve released new products, the demand for dedicated parts has increased. In production, the bigger the demand, the lower the price per unit. At the same time, as M200 and M300 are no longer available in the range of our products, demand for the parts stays at lower level, so the price per unit has increased.
As we didn’t want to compromise parts’ quality and reliability, we’ve had to adjust the prices to the market situation.
Please, keep in mind that in terms of customer support nothing has changed and we’re always there to help.

Hi Marta

I understand how it all works I have a side business that imports from china, there is no way the mark up should be that high, maybe a few dollars per unit but that wouldn’t justify a price increase of that magnitude!

I am not meaning to sound rude and I am sorry if it comes off that way but it sounds like you are forcing people to upgrade to the newer systems by making the obsolete printer parts over priced. I have stuck with Zortrax for years and have a version one machine I am a big fan of the system but you need to address this issue.

2 Likes

Alex, I’ve passed your remarks to the decision-making people. If a solution advantageous for both the clients and the company is found, we will let you know. At the moment, we can offer you top-quality customer support, so if anything happens, feel free to contact us.

Thanks Marta

Is there any news on the M200 duel? The 300 is far to big for me to use.

I don’t have any such information at the moment. Should there be any news, I will add a post on the forum.
By the way, with M300 Dual large volume you can print bigger objects or multiple smaller. Should you have any questions about M300 Dual, feel free to message me.

Marta, I have no problems with moderate price adaptions, but the raised spare part prices are insane (e.g Eur. 49 to Eur. 99 Eur for a perforated bed). It seems you really want your customers moving to newer models, but this is definitively the wrong way.

3 Likes

If I need expensive spare parts, I will buy a new printer. But no zortrax

4 Likes

As much as I love all 3 of my Zortrax machines (2x m200 , 1 Inkspire). I fear the cost of their accessories will price me out of their printers. Recently had to replace my perf bed and and hot end and was shocked to find the cost of each had doubled.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your input. If we find any better solution, I will add a post on the Forum.

The simple solution is put the prices back to what it was before the 250% price hike!

2 Likes

Hi,
I am in the same situation, I love my M200, even I never got managed printing big parts (only use Original materials) and I use it for FUN in my RC Car hobby and at home. I have now about 2000h on the machine and I love doing small parts, but as I had troubles with the extruder, I wanted to get a new one and one for PLA additionally. Was so shocked by the price. The printer is 4 years old. Would you ever pay twice the rpice for your cars brakes just because the new version is out?

As already stated above - keeping me a Zortrax fan would be easy - Upgrade Kits or incredible trade ins - making my family loved printer expensive suddenly - makes 5 peaople dissapointed. I simply could not effort a new 200plus and I even don’t trust in Zortrax to not make that parts expensive too soon.

I thank all the people at Zortrax to made it possible to make my dreams come true (or into ABS :)),
The package did nearly everything like promised. Plugin, build, print. Thats why I got on Zortrax and not in the OpenSource Variants. I realy put many many thoughts on the scale before I bought it.

Now I have to say: “When a new decision has to be made, I have to recalibrate my arguments”

keep on the great work, but please rething your product-policies
best regards
Antonio

PS.: 22€ for fans that do not work as good as the originals - thats a insolence IMHO

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your message. First of all, thank you for all the kinds words concerning Zortrax printers. We appreciate that. Second of all, when it comes to spare parts - we are very sorry for your disappointment. At the moment we do not have any news in this matter, but your arguments will be passed further. Thank you for your thorough feedback.

Best regards,
Karolina

We’ll buy an ultimaker next

Funny thing is, i was going to buy Extuder cable, with shipping and everything it costs me 58$ since it is international shipping.
Found a dealer in my country, 75$ for same cable.

Hi! Can you advice where to buy spare parts for not “crazy” price? Thank you so much!

Check the price of spare parts and maintenance you will be surprised to find out that Zortrax is not so expensive as you think.

Personally would never buy an Ultimaker, used one at work at it was forever breaking down!

89€ excluding tax for “just” a perforated plate in France :

45€ excluding tax for “JUST !!” a long belt ?!!

216€ with taxes to replace 4 long belts for a simple hobbyist ?! Or tell me the link is wrong and the price is for a full set or 4 belts ?

Come on !!