The perfect glue

I am printing with ZUltrat some parts that needs to be precisely glued. I always read to use super glue but some weeks ago i tried to use the raft from previous printings, cut them in pieces and added acetone in a bottle to make a very thick creamy paste.

This glue really fuses both pieces to get glued, fill in the gaps with the same color of the print, it is super easy to handle (the opposite of superglue), it is easy to clean up and finally it is for free.

Some bonds are stiffer than the print itself.

I guess it is possible to do the same with any filament that would dissolve in some solvent.

there are 2 year old threads in the forum discussing this

good. at zortrax website they recommend super glue

good. at zortrax website they recommend super glue

That's what companies do. They are responsible for customer safety and better not recommend using toxic and flammable chemicals to mix something on your own at home.

don't agree at all, they recommend to use juice that is made with exactly the same chemical

don't agree at all, they recommend to use juice that is made with exactly the same chemical

Take this as a (Z-)Feature or evolution: Marketing and tech papers are sometimes contrary or even misleading, all that can be found in the forum also.

And there we're back to the main point of my initial reply, one that uses the forum search and reads the forum prevents himself from posting cool news that have been written here already years ago.

The very best way I have found to glue ABS plastic is with acetone it will melt the two surfaces together and make a permanent Bond unlike super glue that will just sit on the surface

Z-ULTRAT (ABS) can be glued with acetone, but black ULTRAT will also get white deposition on its surface.