The printing pauses without any reason!

I am having a serious issue with the M200 Plus: the printing pauses without any reason!

Yesterday I updated the firmware to version 1.1.1 but this issue never happened with previous firmware 1.1.0. Is it just a coincidence?
The printer paused during two different jobs. The first time it was a print of about 8h 24m, and the printer paused at 82%, at 91%, at 94% and two more times that I didn't record the percentage.
The second time it was a print of about 31 minutes, and the printer paused once at 91%.
Obviously, I didn't add any pause in the Z-Suite project file (I am using Z-Suite 2.6.1.0).

Zortrax please, any idea about how to correct this problem? Thank you.

UPDATE: I have downgraded the printer to firmware v1.1.0 but the problem is still present. I tried with a new print and this time the printer paused even during the printing of the raft!
No idea about the reason for this unacceptable behaviour of the M200 Plus! If there is no solution to this problem, I will return the printer to the vendor.

2nd UPDATE: I finally figured out what causes this issue: I was looking at the touchscreen during a new test print and I saw a warning message about "no material detected in the endstop" or something similar...
So the printer pauses because it thinks that there is no filament, but this is not true, the filament is not ended and I have a half full spool of Z-ABS material.

I checked the material endstop on the rear of the printer and it changes its light from red to blue and vice-versa when I slightly move the filament by hand:
https://youtu.be/X0XBlG5oauU

What can I do to fix this problem???

There has to be something wrong with the material endstop - please fill in Support form:  https://support.zortrax.com/support-form/

As for now, you can simply ignore the material endstop from the menu. There won’t be any pauses then.

hi giufini

I tried to reproduce the issue on my machine but I couldn't. It is working flawlessly.

However it is brand new, so maybe it will happen after a few hours of printing. I will be careful about this issue.

Same here, the proposed solution of "ignoring the endstop detection" is a joke. No user pays this money for a shitty printer that will have endstop failures even a Cr-10 detection system works better.

We have been doing a job with an almost empy spool that needed to be resumed like 7 times....

A printer with this functionality is useless if the endstop detects a false signal, It's very simple because it's mechanical just like the one from Z-temp but more shitty zortrax version.

We also have issues with bed adhesion from day one, if this printer keeps failing like this you will not sell a single one through us and we will fill a claim to return this useless product. It's not acceptable Zortrax, you demand too much from your resellers and always want to push harder on sales targets but your products are not  what you advertise, Inventure printers don't work flawlessly, Hepa covers on backorder, Z suite print quality is not improved with new releases, bugs, issues on firmware, etc etc

There has to be something wrong with the material endstop - please fill in Support form:  https://support.zortrax.com/support-form/

As for now, you can simply ignore the material endstop from the menu. There won’t be any pauses then.

1 Like

Same here, the proposed solution of "ignoring the endstop detection" is a joke. No user pays this money for a shitty printer that will have endstop failures even a Cr-10 detection system works better.

We have been doing a job with an almost empy spool that needed to be resumed like 7 times....

A printer with this functionality is useless if the endstop detects a false signal, It's very simple because it's mechanical just like the one from Z-temp but more shitty zortrax version.

We also have issues with bed adhesion from day one, if this printer keeps failing like this you will not sell a single one through us and we will fill a claim to return this useless product. It's not acceptable Zortrax, you demand too much from your resellers and always want to push harder on sales targets but your products are not  what you advertise, Inventure printers don't work flawlessly, Hepa covers on backorder, Z suite print quality is not improved with new releases, bugs, issues on firmware, etc etc

Probably you have a problem with the filament endstop too. Please contact me via PM, so we could sort it out.

I had the same problem, luckyly when I removed the filament, i extracted at the same time a little ring of dust, and never again had the problem…I believe it is the dust covering some kind of sensor that activates the alert.

Same problem here with our 2x M200 PLUS.