The "right" nozzle?

I have been printing with the nozzle that came on the printer for almost a month now. I just decided to check the spare nozzle that shipped with the printer. It is flat at the tip and has a larger hex (see attached picture). The nozzle on the printer is rounded at the tip and has a smaller hex. I thought the spare nozzle was rounded. Can someone shed some light on this for me please.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w40fceyf3ppkb3p/d8adqCrAMJ

Thanks Dhatw.

I think they started with the flat one. They changed the design due to print quality or something. Had extra spare flat ones. Figured better to send as emergency nozzle than throw away.

Per Martin, the flat nozzles were an older design. They had a bunch of them left over at the start of shipments, so included them as a freebie. The curved design performs better at making precise contact with the perfboard for auto-calibration. FWIW, I believe that Up/Afinia nozzles (flat-faced) are compatible with the Zortrax.

Thanks all, I was hoping that I had the wrong nozzle installed and I would get even better prints :slight_smile:

You may notice the spare “flat” nozzle print a more solid raft.

Why include spare nozzle that is not a spare at all, beats me?

[quote name=smile]Why include spare nozzle that is not a spare at all, beats me?
[/quote]

You should read this thread. “Per Martin, the flat nozzles were an older design. They had a bunch of them left over at the start of shipments, so included them as a freebie.”

[quote name=Trhuster][quote=smile]Why include spare nozzle that is not a spare at all, beats me?
[/quote]

You should read this thread. “Per Martin, the flat nozzles were an older design. They had a bunch of them left over at the start of shipments, so included them as a freebie.”
[/quote]

So if a company decides to include a replacement nozzle they should include the one that is “beta”? Why include one then?

Since when including spare parts means including something you designed then improved it but since you have many you include it instead of the improved part?

It was a freebie and included as an emergency nozzle in case you screwed the original one up so you could continue to print until the correct replacement ones are available.

David

Just noticed banned users increasing, Will you ban everyone who criticizes your actions?

[quote name=eyelink]Just noticed banned users increasing, Will you ban everyone who criticizes your actions?
[/quote]

Criticizing and making dumb comments are not the same thing. Kyle and Julia both stated that the nozzle was just an older design that Zortrax included with some printers until they ran out of them. It works fine because I used it for weeks without issue. I don’t think any new printers will even come with a spare nozzle.

Also it wasn’t criticism that got cyan banned…

[quote name=eyelink]Just noticed banned users increasing, Will you ban everyone who criticizes your actions?
[/quote]

Just noticed that cyansword have same “internet provider” as your (for you it’s time to buy other VPN account).

So doing this again and again… yes you can put statistics of banned users into sky.

[/quote]
FYI… 99% of the banned users are just spam. Not real users at all.

And the other 1% are assholes. (lol, kidding…I crack myself up)