Top cover

Hopefully the pole shows up. I would like to get an opinion on how much people would be willing to pay for a top cover on the M200. What you would also like to see on the cover as features could be something to think about but understand you should pick a higher price if you wanted it with more.

There is a really nice top cover one thingiverse for the Zortrax. The price here would depend on the features such as ventilation, transparency and ease of access.

My cover should have temp controlled fan with HEPA filter.

If it's based on your dads or gadgetstogos printer housing (stable, durable construction with transparent walls) wich would be an universal solution to many printers (one could make it any size) I would spent up to 300$ (with temp controlled fan and HEPA). Price should be local consumer price (no additional shipping, VAT or customs fee).

Temp control should be adjustable to be able to preset a chamber temp.

Now go build one and sell me :-)

My top cover has a carbon filter and temperature control it works very well super happy with it, I tried to sell them a while back for $100 for the kit no one wanted to spring for it so I put it on the back burner

My top cover has a carbon filter and temperature control it works very well super happy with it, I tried to sell them a while back for $100 for the kit no one wanted to spring for it so I put it on the back burner

I heard about it and searched it on the bay but did not find it. Maybe you were not patient enough, things like this take some time. :-)

If you still have the kit I would take one of course.

This here is a low-tech top cover. It's a desk lamp with an incandescent and fluorescent lamp. The temperature is regulated by adjusting the lamp height relative to the printer. I reckon you could put a heat lamp in it for more heat.  It works swell by golly!

Guy 

This here is a low-tech top cover. It's a desk lamp with an incandescent and fluorescent lamp. The temperature is regulated by adjusting the lamp height relative to the printer. I reckon you could put a heat lamp in it for more heat.  It works swell by golly!

Guy 

Guess if you would offer a kit it would be kinda art and I had to spent 500$ or more...  :ph34r:

I heard about it and searched it on the bay but did not find it. Maybe you were not patient enough, things like this take some time. :-)

If you still have the kit I would take one of course.

If you are seriously interested in a top kit contact me directly and we can work something out

Bump to get more votes. At this point Fan and Filter are going to be standard (if the product were to be made) Thinking about temp control for the fan....

Here's the Thingiverse one to save people the trouble of searching:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1158639

Here's the Thingiverse one to save people the trouble of searching:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1158639

Yeah, called the black hole...

I always ask myself what the designer had in his mind when making the original M200 side panels dark instead of clear.

Covering the top for zero view inside is the next step.  :ph34r:

I already have ordered the gadgets2go version.  :)

@ Z-Renegade...Gol durn it! I was hoping you would order my top cover. It  would only have cost five hunderd and one dollars!

Guy

@ Z-Renegade...Gol durn it! I was hoping you would order my top cover. It  would only have cost five hunderd and one dollars!

Guy

Im so sorry, but finally I decided that my badass looking mods (RepRap style according to a real expert from the forum) was not the state of art it should be to be combined with your artwork. :rolleyes:

001.JPG
Alternatively, you can buy my stylish patented PrintRboKKs ™. It’s a fully enclosed lightweight unit with ventilation and structural insulation material. The product makes side and top covers obsolete, and will protect your machine from the environment and suppress noise. Scandinavian design; simplistic, minimalistic & functional. Price fully assembled will be only 999 Euro excluding shipping. Please look at the pics and make your order! 

Yeah, that's another evolution of the covers. Is the door closing mechanism included (genuine spool of Z-ABS) with the price?

And is there an inner webcam option available?

Before giving too much details, think about that you provide valuable tips to NightShift, he might copy your ideas!  :o

Yeah, that's another evolution of the covers. Is the door closing mechanism included (genuine spool of Z-ABS) with the price?

And is there an inner webcam option available?

Before giving too much details, think about that you provide valuable tips to NightShift, he might copy your ideas!  :o

No, the spool is extra. The spool can be used to both close and open the doors, extremely versatile.

My own solution with electric heating to maintain about 25-30 ° in the enclosure around the printer when the temperature is 10 ° in the room !

And also a similar system for a 3d printer Witbox.

A source is being sought out at the moment to make the cover. With a few final changes to be made we should be ready to release what it looks like within a few weeks or less, I might have a preview soon for you guys. 

looks like everyone is in the top cover business :p

I received your top cover kit yesterday and I am too very happy with it!

Very solid panels, printed the plastics yesterday and assembled it this morning.

Of course I will do some own mods on it (have to live my nichkname) among them other temp controller, HEPA filter and cable support.

Thanks Clark, great kit.