transparent PETG

Hi all,

i've bought an M200 two weeks ago and i'm very satisfied, but i've a problem when i try to print something with transparent petg filament.

Raft is printed very well, but after some layer the extruder start to clicks and then i've to stop the job.

Before posting here i've read and watch all maintenance guide, I think I've tried all sort of combination of parameter and with different spool but without success.

Is there any of you that tried transparent petg filament with success?

Or tell me what I should try?

These are my actual parameters:

Temperature: 265°

Platform: 60°

Print speed: -10

Flow Ratio: +17

Thanks

I had similar problems with rather brittle/stiff filament such as carbon filled PETG or Nylon. Usually it helps to reduce retract speed, I have the suspicion that too fast retract speeds cut notches into brittle filament instead of pulling at it. Especially if the object demands retracts very often in a short time, the pinion rolls over the same part of the filament several times when e.g. printing infill.

Could also be the case in conjunction with high flow ratio in your case. If the extruder motor has a hard time pushing the filament into the extruder, meaning the resistance of moving the filament back or forth is high, the above situation could occur.

Try reducing retract speed, try a few degrees more temp, or reduce flow ratio.

regards

Andi

I also have another explanation :

On the M200, the filament is not well trained in the extruder : the distance between the gear and the bearing is fixed. There is no spring mechanism to maintain a good pressure on the filament. If the filament is too hard (carbon or fiberglass) or too soft or with an irregular diameter, the gear does not grip well and the filament is no longer pushed properly or even at all into the nozzle.

I tried several filaments from other manufacturers and many do not hang on and are unusable because of that!

I do not know if it's better in the M200 +

Hi all,

i've bought an M200 two weeks ago and i'm very satisfied, but i've a problem when i try to print something with transparent petg filament.

Raft is printed very well, but after some layer the extruder start to clicks and then i've to stop the job.

Before posting here i've read and watch all maintenance guide, I think I've tried all sort of combination of parameter and with different spool but without success.

Is there any of you that tried transparent petg filament with success?

Or tell me what I should try?

These are my actual parameters:

Temperature: 265°

Platform: 60°

Print speed: -10

Flow Ratio: +17

Thanks

I see you increased the flow ratio. Probably it's too much and in the extruder there is more material than it's able to extrude. Please decrease it and see if it helps.

Pictures would be helpful.

Thank you all for your answers and your directions!

Later I take a test and update you!

I've made different test, reset the parameters and made some changes, after sevent test, I think I found the solution.

These are my settings for eSun PETG blue transparent filament:

speed -15, 270 temp, flow 0, infill 30, fan speed 55%

retraction speed 30mm/s, retraction distance 1,5mm (not the optimal)

I used to print a small object to test the parameters (I don't know if it's the correct way).

I'm going to test these parameters with another object and report soon.

Thank you all!

No good, I tried to print another object with the same settings, but after the first 3 layer, the extruder start to click with the infill.

Any idea?

Since Esun recommends max. 250°, maybe I gave you bad advice to crank up temp.

I would slow everything down: Less temp, reduce flow and speed. Retract speed 30 and distance 1,5 should be a reasonable range.

Maybe the filament is too hot already to survive the steady nibbling during infill.

regards

Andi

No problem Andi, I appreciate your support.

Now I’m testing with these settings

speed: -30 flow: -5

temp: 250 bed: 60

fan: 40%

I can not find the right mix of settings to use this filament.

I will try again soon.

Thank you all for the support.