Ugly Overhangs and Seams

Hi,

I've printed many parts with an external hips Filament and I was quiet satisfied with the results until I tried to print smaller parts with overhangs. The first Picture Shows an example part where other Printers don't Need support at all. In order to tweak the print Settings I chaged to a Standard overhang test (size 50%). As you can see on the photos especially the Edge with the seam becoms quiet ugly. When I Change to random seam the edges becoms better but the Surface finish suffers. 

I have tried different Settings:

(Always 100% fan)

- 10% higher and lower flow Ratio

- reduced print Speed

- temperatures between 230-255 °C

- max. retraction Speed and distance

Nothing seams to significantly improve the Quality?

I'm using v2 Hotend and Zsuit 2.7.3

Has anybody an idea how to improve the overhang quality?.

Does it look better with z-hips?

Hello there,

Your model seems to be overheated as well as the extrusion rate is too high. At least it appears to be.

I printed the model twice - your original zcode and the one I prepared with 100% fan speed.

I guess you see the difference in quality.

To conclude, please run another test with the speed of fan set to 100%  and, optionally, a decreased extruder flow ratio.

Kind regards,

Hello there,

Your model seems to be overheated as well as the extrusion rate is too high. At least it appears to be.

I printed the model twice - your original zcode and the one I prepared with 100% fan speed.

I guess you see the difference in quality.

To conclude, please run another test with the speed of fan set to 100%  and, optionally, a decreased extruder flow ratio.

Kind regards,

Hello Marcin,

thank you for the support. Sorry I forgot to answer you. I have tried your recommended settings and added a second fanshroud but I couldn't see a significant improvement. With the new Z-suit version the results are a little bit better because the seam is now located on less critical regions. The original Z-ABS is maybe a  little bit better but your printed part is also far from an optimal result (regarding Overhangs)?

Let me print it another time with Z-ABS. I'll post results here.

Yes, the seam placement was optimize has been and it affects the overall quality significantly.