unable to open stl file in z-suite

When I try and open an stl file I get a failed error message which I have attached a screenshot of.

Wow you get an error. 

Mine just either crashes or freezes. 

Try to convert the still to OBJ file and see if that helps

That STL is obviously broken. I fixed it with Netfabb's cloud service (https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/), and now it opens fine. See attachment. Beware, it is a tiny object and you'll need to scale it up at least 5x to make it printable. Also, slicing will take quite a while.

hardStructure4x4x4_fixed.stl

Edit: I took a look at the z-code and it should print fine without support.

Erikjuh: great thanks for the help with this file.

As far as I recall, the software cannot read OBJ files (had a presentation where I tried to grab files to drag and drop from my desktop as I normally would, however I kept on grabbing OBJ and they would not load) this happened 4 times in 15 seconds. I was not happy with it but STL's worked great!

-Michael

As far as I recall, the software cannot read OBJ files (had a presentation where I tried to grab files to drag and drop from my desktop as I normally would, however I kept on grabbing OBJ and they would not load) this happened 4 times in 15 seconds. I was not happy with it but STL's worked great!

-Michael

Don't know what the issue was but OBJ files load perfectly for me. 

I know sometimes an .mtl file accompanies the Obj file and is saved next to it but I don't think that would be an issue. I know when I have issues with .stl I always go to Obj and it loads up and zcodes. 

Just checked again and my software is telling me the file is not compatible. Guess ill try to re-install the software and see what it does.