Unable to print part because of support

Hi all,

For a project Im building a robot arm from thingiverse and I cant get it right in z-suite.

The part has a guide for the wiring and z-suite fills it with support.

I did print the part but was unable to get it out.

Does anyone have an idea how i can print this? the stl file is included.

Make sure smart bridging is enabled. It shows no support in the channel on mine. 1.7.2.1

I did turn on smart bridging.

I tried already many different setting, like layer height, quality and stil same effect

What settings did you use?

Looks like it might be a bug. UltraT is the only profile it generates support.

Oh that is weird, I did try ABS profile and sure its perfect.

Lucky that i can control the temperature and stil print it with Z-ULTRA

I did not consider that the different materials had different slicer results.

thank you for the help

Try this.. I added a small chamfer to the top edge. Looks like it fixed it.

Thanks, i will print this stl instead. The chamfer works perfectly

The width must be right at the limit of the smart bridge. I think they will have to fix that.

I've sliced it in beta version, seems to be fine even with Z-ULTRAT. 

Hi Marcin,

I've also had support issues with the latest release of z-suite with ultrat. If you select a 20 degree threshold for 90um support is generated on some parts, with the same threshold for 140um no support is generated so I think it is a bug.

Regards

Matt

Hi Marcin,

I've also had support issues with the latest release of z-suite with ultrat. If you select a 20 degree threshold for 90um support is generated on some parts, with the same threshold for 140um no support is generated so I think it is a bug.

Regards

Matt

Yes, most likely it is a bug. First thing to do is turning on/off Smart Bridges, it often helps. 

However, you can send me STLs (could be through PM) and desired settings so I can take a look at it.