Upcoming Updates

Hi guys,

I thought I would start a thread where short updates could be posted to keep up to date with future software and firmware releases.

It will save the Zortrax team getting a million questions in the shoutbox !

Cheers,

Jay

(Martin/Rafal - if you don’t think it is a good idea then please do delete the thread and I won’t take offense)

Hi guys,

I thought I would start a thread where short updates could be posted to keep up to date with future software and firmware releases.

It will save the Zortrax team getting a million questions in the shoutbox !

Cheers,

Jay

(Martin/Rafal - if you don’t think it is a good idea then please do delete the thread and I won’t take offense)

I really love your energy and initiative mate :smiley:

I really love your energy and initiative mate :smiley:

Same thoughts… They are looking for community manager :stuck_out_tongue:

Same thoughts… They are looking for community manager :stuck_out_tongue:

A community manager ? Sounds interesting :slight_smile:

A community manager ? Sounds interesting :slight_smile:

Ah I see - I’ve just realised you mean the advert on the careers section of the website. If it weren’t for the fact that it’s based in Poland whilst I’m in the UK I would seriously have applied. My background is in electronics R&D, tech support and e-commerce - it would be a great job! It will definitely be a fantastic position for whoever the successful applicant is :slight_smile:

Anyway back on topic ! Lol

Ah I see - I’ve just realised you mean the advert on the careers section of the website. If it weren’t for the fact that it’s based in Poland whilst I’m in the UK I would seriously have applied. My background is in electronics R&D, tech support and e-commerce - it would be a great job! It will definitely be a fantastic position for whoever the successful applicant is :slight_smile:

Anyway back on topic ! Lol

This is good idea but anyone who develop software know that is hard to keep any date everything we try to push as yesterday done but then it getting delay after delay, we don’t want to publish any date because if I say at Friday update coming and then one week of delay happen then it looks as we don’t keep word.

We also don’t want to give updates too often as it was on the beginning because then we getting hundreds of requests even not connected with software or firmware, let’s say if some users see that we immediately react on every request then it start to be abused.

After 0.0.5 update the update cycle will be = 1month.

Best Regards

This is good idea but anyone who develop software know that is hard to keep any date everything we try to push as yesterday done but then it getting delay after delay, we don’t want to publish any date because if I say at Friday update coming and then one week of delay happen then it looks as we don’t keep word.

We also don’t want to give updates too often as it was on the beginning because then we getting hundreds of requests even not connected with software or firmware, let’s say if some users see that we immediately react on every request then it start to be abused.

After 0.0.5 update the update cycle will be = 1month.

Best Regards

One update per month is quite a quick cycle - that’s really encouraging Martin :slight_smile:

I wasn’t necessarily suggesting that the thread should have dates in it (although when you get very close to a release that might be possible) - more that it could have a kind of outline of what features are coming in the next release. Perhaps also it would include anything that was being worked on to address any issues that have been identified in previous versions for improvement by the community. That would make people feel they their feedback was being considered too and encourage suggestions for the future developement of the printer - something of mutual benefit to them and the Zortrax team.

It doesn’t have to have any fixed dates all - it would just give the community an idea of the exciting things that you are working hard on and it may make them feel more relaxed if they knew how much you are doing to improve their great printers :slight_smile: it would take some pressure off you and avoid you getting asked the same questions over and over !

Cheers,

Jay :wink:

One update per month is quite a quick cycle - that’s really encouraging Martin :slight_smile:

I wasn’t necessarily suggesting that the thread should have dates in it (although when you get very close to a release that might be possible) - more that it could have a kind of outline of what features are coming in the next release. Perhaps also it would include anything that was being worked on to address any issues that have been identified in previous versions for improvement by the community. That would make people feel they their feedback was being considered too and encourage suggestions for the future developement of the printer - something of mutual benefit to them and the Zortrax team.

It doesn’t have to have any fixed dates all - it would just give the community an idea of the exciting things that you are working hard on and it may make them feel more relaxed if they knew how much you are doing to improve their great printers :slight_smile: it would take some pressure off you and avoid you getting asked the same questions over and over !

Cheers,

Jay :wink:

I agree 100% about this.

/Rikard

I agree 100% about this.

/Rikard

The funny thing is I keep seeing updates to this forum and think cool, maybe there is a firm/soft ware update. Only to find it is Jayceekeys again :). You gotta admi,t you are everywhere dude :).

Dhatw.

The funny thing is I keep seeing updates to this forum and think cool, maybe there is a firm/soft ware update. Only to find it is Jayceekeys again :). You gotta admi,t you are everywhere dude :).

Dhatw.

I am omnipresent lmao

I am omnipresent lmao