V2 Perf board overheat

The extruder uses a thermocouple. The heated bed uses a thermistor.

Well I guess no one knows the exact kind of thermistor so the one I installed is working just fine. 

I only wanted the original because I had read that the thermistor would change the way the machine interprets info and operates but I hadn't seen an issue  with the Epcos 100K thermistor so I might've read a post from unknowing peeps. 

lol

I know--we are all unknowing about something or other-me more than most :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I just measured mine, it is 100K at 25ºC, so you guessed right :)

The extruder uses a thermocouple. The heated bed uses a thermistor.

Thanks Julia - my head was stuck on extruder issues.

Mike, thermocouple on the hotend heater, thermistor on the heated bed. I think…

I think; this statement appears  when a printer was compelled to the long-duration work (over 24 hours). Heated bed has a thermistor. I measured the resistance of the thermistor, and it was about 82K. Furthermore, 100K glass type thermistor is generally used in different brand printers. I think; It is the 100K glass thermistor (maybe NTC 3950). It is started to split due to the high level temperature after overtime work. Therefore; thermistor starts to measure wrong.

Well I guess no one knows the exact kind of thermistor so the one I installed is working just fine. 

That would be the 100k thermistor for the heat bed in this case.

That would be the 100k thermistor for the heat bed in this case.

haha

Thanks anyway Chris.

After all this time, I couldn't care less what the original one was because the one I installed is working.

15+ days ago I cared and really wanted to know. :lol:  :D 

Thanks for the info though, it is always good to know information.