V2 upgrades or not ?

Hi,

Sorry, but I am a bit lost reading the different posts about that, so I prefer to ask directly.

My m200 is 4 month old, so I have 1.5mm perfboard bed and hotend V1.

Are the upgraded items worth the price for me ?

• For the new bed, I do not know exactly what to expect, maybe less warping or better bed adhesion, please give your feedbacks.
  • For the new hotend, I expect no stringing at all with Z-Glass (except few stringing, I have currently no problem printing with z-glass)

So, do you think it is time for me to upgrade, or it won't change what I am expecting ? (I read posts about problems some users encountered upgrading hot end and bed, so I don't want to do it just "for fun")

Thanks,

Laurent

So, do you think it is time for me to upgrade, or it won't change what I am expecting ? (I read posts about problems some users encountered upgrading hot end and bed, so I don't want to do it just "for fun")

No, leave it as it is.

I could not print Z-Glass before Hotend V2 but after installing it I am still not satisfied with the results (wich is mainly an issue of the filament).

Maybe you need it on soonday when new Z-Filaments are released or earlier if you start to print dangerous filaments.

The V2 perf board did not show any advantage to me, I even think it's coating is not as good as the V1's and that's why I ordered some more V1 perf boards.

I upgraded to the V2 board and I am glad I did. I auto calibrate before every print, and the V1 always needed to be adjusted after each print. The V2 more or less stays in position, and requires no adjustment, or if it does, it is fast. Lately with my V1 board, after 500-600 hours of printing, I couldn`t calibrate it, it failed a lot. You need to straigthen the board a lot, there is an airpocket or gap under the center due to the warp caused by heat. This is so far not a problem with the V2. I have yet to print anything less than 24 hours, and the V1 board would require straigthening after every print, which is quite boring.

The new board seems to be more solid and less prone to warp, so I think it`s money well spent. The model itself does not seem to be any better using the V2 board, but I imagine it would make a difference in tall prints if the boards starts to wobble around. 

I don't think I will get the V2 hotend as I mainly print in ABS.

Hi

Z-Renegade, thank you for the feedback about V2 hotend and Z-Glass, so I won’t upgrade it for the time being.

motordude, thank you for the feedback about V2 build plate; it is interesting, I may consider it, according to what you said, it may help having more homogeneous heat (and maybe a bit hotter too).

Thanks !

Laurent

We strongly recommend upgrading the hotend to V2 for printing with Z-Glass.

Hi

So I decided to buy both, and report my results (and I do not like keeping my forum topics without a conclusion).

First, no problem at all with the hardware I received. Build plate hadn’t any “short circuit”, connector was ok, no small metal pieces in the hotend, etc (it seems sometimes good to say all is ok)

Next, I was using firmware 0.0.5 and I also had no problem with heating the hotend, heating process was just the same as it was with v1 hotend (but I am now with firmware 0.0.6, and it heats up even faster)

About the build plate, it indeed help with heat transfert. It is a bit hotter than with V1, but longer to reach final temp. I am happy with this build plate.

About the hotend, Ok, I had no major problem with V1, and still not have with V2 but it does not print better or worse (it is always stringing a bit)

So, I would say upgrade to V2 build plate but keep your V1 hotend as long as you do not have problem with it.

Laurent

Hi

So I decided to buy both, and report my results (and I do not like keeping my forum topics without a conclusion).

First, no problem at all with the hardware I received. Build plate hadn’t any “short circuit”, connector was ok, no small metal pieces in the hotend, etc (it seems sometimes good to say all is ok)

Next, I was using firmware 0.0.5 and I also had no problem with heating the hotend, heating process was just the same as it was with v1 hotend (but I am now with firmware 0.0.6, and it heats up even faster)

About the build plate, it indeed help with heat transfert. It is a bit hotter than with V1, but longer to reach final temp. I am happy with this build plate.

About the hotend, Ok, I had no major problem with V1, and still not have with V2 but it does not print better or worse (it is always stringing a bit)

So, I would say upgrade to V2 build plate but keep your V1 hotend as long as you do not have problem with it.

Laurent

Same here.

V2 plate good, V2 hot end...........meh