Vase mode

Just printed a small vase with Z-GLASS to test the shell+bottom new mode as it screams "VASE" and also test the transparency improvement allegation.

the result is beautiful BUT the seam is awful.. well, what is left is to get rid the seam by printing in a circular continuous mode :)

I opened a post on bug tracker to signal that the random mode doesn't work in the shell mode... it already would avoid having this horrible seam !

But no news from Zteam ...   :-/

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-98-random-seam-dont-work-in-shell-infill/

And YES a circular continuous mode would be a very good improvment

Just printed a small vase with Z-GLASS to test the shell+bottom new mode as it screams "VASE" and also test the transparency improvement allegation.

the result is beautiful BUT the seam is awful… well, what is left is to get rid the seam by printing in a circular continuous mode :slight_smile:

hi,

There are photos of the vase?

thanks

ofc

they are from my mobile so dont expect sth nice

it is printed at 029, shell mode with bottom

zglass01.jpg

the seam

zglass02.jpg

and after covering it with xtc-3d inside-out to make it even more transparent

zglass03.jpg

One thing to be aware of with XTC3D is that after several months coated parts get very yellow, at least in my experience.

One thing to be aware of with XTC3D is that after several months coated parts get very yellow, at least in my experience.

This happens a lot with transparent epoxi resin. I think XTC3D is epoxi, isn't?

it is weeks, not months...:(