Wanted – 3D Printers for hire, will pay to produce Scrubbers for 3DPrintClean.

If interested, I would like to contract those with printers and knowledge, to produce 3DPrintClean Scrubbers for my company. The Scrubber uses about 177g and the Filter Cartridge 87g , ABS is fine if you an address the warping issues, otherwise HIPS. (I'm open to ideas)

Let me know how many units you think you can produce and what you would charge. 

It’s an interesting community experiment in distributed manufacturing.

One of the main factors to address will be printing time, Most of the community (Like my self) only have one or two printers to use. So the material is not much of a problem it turns to the time taken on the build space. When printing in the past I have charged 6-8$ an hour and 3-6 cents a gram. Regardless I would be interested in printing these for you, Can you provide the details of: Print time, Total material (approximate use of raft and support), how many each user can produce if there is going to be a limit, Approximate dimensions (to see if multiple can be produced at a time). What settings you would like resolution and infill wise, of the three colors of HIPS do you want only Black or will you want White and Grey too?

-Michael

I'd be interested, but like Michael said the concern is print time. As far as price goes, I think you need to do a backwards evaluation; start from what you will retail these at, subtract the profit you want, and see how much you have to pay for everything else. My guess is that this will leave little to subcontract printing (don't forget that you'd have to cover shipping on top of payment) or you'll have to charge a premium and never sell any. Either way, unless you find people that are passionate about your product, we'll want to get paid regardless of whether or not you sell them. 

If you do decide that theres still profit in it, heres how I could see it working (for me at least):

1) You pay for a roll of filament that would be used only on your project. This keeps the printer from having to absorb the cost of failed prints and as a result you would get cheaper pricing (since we'd take less risk).

2) You pay for shipping including shipping materials if needed

3) Paying 1 and 2 means that the printer would just charge for run-time on the machine.

The primary downside to this system is that you would have to trust the printer. Otherwise you'd just have to pay for each enclosure just the same as if you were buying a product, but that means that it'll be more expensive for you since we'd have to absorb all of the risk. 

Hi

I'm in france and my zortrax isn't used now so i can print parts for you

send me the stl so i can calculate the time of print and give you a price

where are you, because of shipping costs ?

Contact me, I wouldn't mind printing some of these for you in between projects ;)

I am located in new york.

i can print then for you.

contact me with info so i can price for you.

ltimperio@gmail.com

still no update?

still no update?

Nary a peep...

Maybe he's been banned for spamming 3rd party add-ons :rolleyes:

my feeling is that this has been an effort to promote the device and not a honest approach for distributed production. In fact i see problems in such an approach and anyway there are dedicated platforms that deal with such needs, like 3dhubs etc...

btw did he mention a price for his product?

Hi Guys, 

Apologies for the delayed response, I was exploring the idea of using idle printers to help me manufacture parts. I was hoping I could produce parts for a reasonable cost over the cost of the materials.  I found a couple of problems, one,  most wanted to charge for print time, this is what I found with 3dhubs and makes the solution prohibitively expensive. Two, and I should have thought of this first, it required me to distribute the STL files.  I'm still weighing the options and appreciate all the feedback. 

James

If I look at the design of your filter box I really think that 3D printing is not the best suited fabrication method…

I wonder if you could design it in a way where you can use readily available plastic boxes as the main frame and just add 3D printed elements to them. Or even laser cut the walls out of wood?

Hi Guys, 

Apologies for the delayed response, I was exploring the idea of using idle printers to help me manufacture parts. I was hoping I could produce parts for a reasonable cost over the cost of the materials.  I found a couple of problems, one,  most wanted to charge for print time, this is what I found with 3dhubs and makes the solution prohibitively expensive. Two, and I should have thought of this first, it required me to distribute the STL files.  I'm still weighing the options and appreciate all the feedback. 

James

Technically its not an issue to send .stl files as long as you have a signed NDA ( non-disclosure agreement) 

I have that done to anyone who sees my keychain design. lol

And when you sell one, the cats out of the bag. Heck even from the pics posted an .stl could be made so I wouldn't worry about that too much, just get an NDA and all is well.

But the cost is something totally different.