Warpage / Lifting from Raft / Cracking

Hi everyone, 

I have tried several material and I continue to get cracking, warping and lifting from the raft during my print. 

Please may someone tell me what I am doing wrong? It seem to only happen with only certain types of profiles prints. 

Material used in the pictures is Z-Hips.

Comments/Advice welcomed!

Conor

Photo 20-01-2016, 09 58 19.jpg

what exactly profiles do you mean? It could be model itself, not everything could be printed flawlessly, less infill could do the trick. Also, side covers + ABS Juice. 

My prints of Voronoi Lamp and Zsuzanna Lamp had similar cracks in the middle of the print, but that was with side covers in a room with ~20°C...

Not sure if a well headed room at 25°C avoids that.

depends if you have air moving around, a good balanced top cover works best

At home one of our printers has a mock top cover and we register around 40c internal temp when printing. Something simple to stop wind from coming through your printer could work, get some side covers.

By profile, I mean the shape of the print. 

I printed this with light infill.

If side covers are required for a print to be successful, shouldn't Zortrax sell as standard?

What is a "balanced top cover"? Can you post link?

If side covers are required for a print to be successful, shouldn't Zortrax sell as standard?

Why not ask Zortrax?  ;)

And do you think it has reason that their next printer is completely covered? 

What is a "balanced top cover"? Can you post link?

I was not talking about a specific one, just about covering the printer in a way that it holds the heat inside without overheating it (that would destroy your print and probably the printer also).

I did it for long by a simple cartoon box that was mounted in a way (overlapped) that hot air could flow outside without loosing the heat inside (think of a bath tube that is full and water flows over the top, now turn this 180 degrees and replace water with air).

Many top cover variations are shown in the forum here. A recent poll by NighShift showed some and right now I use Clarks (gadgetstogo) cover design show also in that thread.

I would use side covers, turn fan off, and use Z-Utrat.. I have seen bonding issues with HIPS..

Look on ebay for side cover kids and also you can get doors off of octave.com

The eBay kit is way cheaper,you just print your own hardware its the same doors

Look on ebay for side cover kids and also you can get doors off of active.com

The eBay kit is way cheaper,you just print your own hardware its the same doors

That would be Octave.com