What is Z-ABS v2?

Hello Zortrax,
I have seen that with the latest version of Z-Suite you have added support for Z-ABS v2.
Could you tell us what is new with this material?
Thank you.

Yes excellent question, I ask myself the same question. Can you tell us more about this topic?

Hello guys,

Z-ABS v2 material will have a slighty different mixture. Thus, it was necessary to create a new Z-SUITE profile with a different configuration.

Best regards,
Karolina

Is Z-ABS v2 a new material ?
I don’t see it in the list of materials on Zortrax webshop.
Will it replace the Z-ABS ?
Will it also replace the Z-ultrat ?
Will you continue to sell the Z-ABS for the M200 ?

Starting from April 1st, two types of Z-ABS material are included in the range of our materials - Z-ABS and Z-ABS v2. Both have the same properties, however, as their printing settings differ - two profiles, Z-ABS and Z-ABS v2, are available in Z-SUITE. The spools of both Z-ABS types are tabbed accordingly, and we recommend making sure which one you’re using by checking the material sticker and choose the right printing profile. In case you’re printing a .zcode or .zcodex previously sliced for Z-ABS, slicing them again with Z-ABS v2 profile is necessary for printing with the v2 material type. This information is listed in our Zortrax online store. Also, the material won’t replace Z-ULTRAT.

Thank you for the clarification.
But how can i be sure that a trader (other than the zortrax webshop) sells the Z-ABS for M200 and not the Z-ABS v2 for M200+ ?
I have an M200 and I don’t have an M200+
I buy white Z-ABS regularly (irreplaceable by a white abs from another manufacturer ; the white ABS from zortrax is perfect for making diffusers for luminaires) : how will I know if the trader is selling the right quality for me ?

You do not answer my question: will you continue to sell the Z-ABS again?
Or soon only the Z-ABS v2?

Depending on availability - we will be selling both Z-ABS and Z-ABS v2. Also, please note that Z-ABS v2 is also available for M200, not only for the Series Plus. Both profiles are available in Z-SUITE. As for information which material version your trader is selling - it would be best to ask them directly. Or, both materials will be available for purchase in their online store. When it comes to your question regarding the colour/shade - sadly, I am unable to tell if there will be any difference at the moment.

Thank you for the clarification.
Which version of Z-Suite allows you to choose the Z-ABS (v1 or v2) ?
I use Z-Suite 2.12 and I don’t see the 2 profiles.

You are welcome. I am using newest 2.12.2 Z-SUITE version. In Z-SUITE Beta 2.14.0 support for Z-ABS v2 was also added.

Thanks for adding to M200.

Why ABS v2 vs. ABS?? Is there any performance enhancements by using v2 or is it just a differen’t chemical composition and cheaper to produce etc.?

M200 guy

Z-ABS v2 material has a slightly different mixture, but their properties are comparable - you can have a look at the technical data sheets available on our website.

Are you going to release a firmware update for M200 and abs v2. Materia type and printing duration is not sown on printer display!

@KarolinaZortrax
Could you help with the display issue mentioned by @lodogg ? I have the same problem with my M200 using ABSv2 material.

Hi @mstr,

Zortrax M200 and M300 3D printers were discontinued in 2018. Therefore, no firmware and software updates will be available for these machines. We still do continue providing fixes for critical bugs, stability improvements, as well as provide support for the above-mentioned models in terms of technical issues or spare parts.

Most of all - lack of this information (material name and usage) does not have any influence on the printing process, since all necessary printing parameters are saved in .zcode. Therefore, you can still successfully use Z-ABS 2 material.

Best regards
Karolina

Hi,
thank you for your quick responce.
As you mentioned - it doesn’t bother the printing process.

Kind regards,
Martyna