What this?

Hello All,

After some problem with Stringing and oozing, I change the extruder to a V2, a new header and thermocouple and a new extruder PCB.

But its seems it doesn't solve the problem :( . I will change the extruder cable but the machine runs only 150h from its first start (The extruder cable is maintain with clips)

I print this piece from Zortrax library with Z-ABS. and got stringing again and a new problem appear as you could see on the top right part of the piece, it seems to be under extrusion? 

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:3476]

I check the extrude temperature during printing with an external thermocouple put into the threaded hole of the extruder aluminium block and the printing process start @ 280°C, raft @ 275°C and part printing @ 267°c so temperature seems to be good (including multimeter error).

Thanks for your help

Software version? Try some of the older versions of software/firmware.

Hi Michael

Last version for Z-Suite and firmware. Which Software/firmware combination you advice me?

M200 V4

I tried older version for other part but doesn't change

It might also help to install a dual fan and check to be sure that the lower fan is running.  I had prints like that when the lower fan failed on my V2 M200.  So far both of my extruder fans and my main board fans have all failed and it seems to have been a common occurrence for other users as well.

I'm planning to install a second fan. Also both fan run normally

Thanks

Oli

How about [url=http://support.zortrax.com/nozzle-cleaning/]nozzle cleaning[/url] / [url=http://support.zortrax.com/nozzle-replacement/]nozzle replacement[/url] ?

Also I would try to replace ribbon cable, but that should be done through our [url=http://www.support.zortrax.com/support-form]Support[/url]

Hi Marcin,

This nozzle is new, You send me this week with the new V2 HotEnd :)

After each print I clean the hotend when it is hot.

For the ribbon cable I will change it

How about nozzle cleaning / nozzle replacement ?

Also I would try to replace ribbon cable, but that should be done through our Support

Marcin

I read on Zortrax Facebook group that Zortrax has made a V5 of ribbon cable,more durable. Is that true?

Thanks

Marcin

I read on Zortrax Facebook group that Zortrax has made a V5 of ribbon cable,more durable. Is that true?

Thanks

I would like to know more too.

I would like to know more too.

It a facebook message from Marcin Lozowski answering to Benjamin Summerfield (on date 26 june) into the Zortrax 3D printer Users :

"Marcin Łozowski there is not much we can do, we've released V5 version which should be more reliable but since it goes back and forth all the time it hard to prevent breaking at all."

I'm still using the original multi-colored insulation-displacement connector cables that came with my v1 printer in Jan 2014 and my v3 in September 2014. While some users did have issues, it seems to me based on the number of problems reported here that this original design was more robust than the flat cable and crimp connector that replaced it.