wifes lamp repair request

While moving some furniture I damaged that cheap and ugly lamp in our hall.

My wife requested that I repair it with my 3D printing equipment and of course I did (easy model, just a cylinder with holes).

I found the ABS I used to get printed with some structure that gives it a special look and the color came out a bit beige (it was told to be white ABS).

Switching the lights on also showed a more yellow look wich looks nice and warm (think I will test it again with a cold white LED bulb).

Only drawback was the M200s Z-axis limit, it would need about 7cm more to print a correct replica and hide the inner sockets cable mount on the top.

But I smiled and told my wife that I simply will buy another printer with a larger build volume and do a bigger lamp shade then.  :ph34r:

Look great!! But do you have any problem with heat from light bulb?

Look great!! But do you have any problem with heat from light bulb?

Maybe over time he would.. I printed a new Crockpot handle for the glass lid because ours broke. It just happened to be in the oven with other lids when my wife started the oven at 425° Fahrenheit. After about 20 minutes I noticed it.. Handle warped a little but it's still on there.. No real damage..

Good stuff Kyle, great to season dinner with a dash of ABS too