Wobbly base with support?

Hi guys,

Still having a few teething problems with my printers, but I'm trying to do some prints despite the issues... Here is my first attempt which came out pretty good, except the base area where there was support started off OK, but by the time it has finished the loop, it's mega lumpy:

IMG_0716.JPG

I'd hazard a guess that this is the extruder being too hot, so warping the underlying support as the material is laid down, but does anyone else have any thoughts/advice.

I considered splitting the part, but I'd rather know what the problem is here.

Nice one!

Nick

short tip: if you printed it with the bottom side down, try to print it the other way (just like it is shown on the pic) with 10% support

What fan setting is that?

For that print, I would use the following settings:

0.19 (or even 0.14)

ABS

Solid fill

4 layers top and bottom (6 for 0.14)

Support light

Bridging off

Standard seam

Manual fan at constant 20%, even 40% if the issue keeps happening

20 deg (default) support angle

You should be able to orientate it the way you have already.

Give that a try and see how it goes...If that doesn't work better, maybe go through the Bugtracker process as they do follow up on that, and it will help the software get better in the future.

Is that an old Omega watch? Where did you get the file?

Cheers,

Hi guys,

Still having a few teething problems with my printers, but I'm trying to do some prints despite the issues... Here is my first attempt which came out pretty good, except the base area where there was support started off OK, but by the time it has finished the loop, it's mega lumpy:

attachicon.gifIMG_0716.JPG

I'd hazard a guess that this is the extruder being too hot, so warping the underlying support as the material is laid down, but does anyone else have any thoughts/advice.

I considered splitting the part, but I'd rather know what the problem is here.

Nice one!

Nick

Yes, looks like it's running hot and/or too low a support angle setting, as the sloped parts are droopy.

Yes, looks like it's running hot and/or too low a support angle setting, as the sloped parts are droopy.

… and try printing resolution 0.9?

Sorry guys, I thought I might be getting notifications so I've missed a load of replies!

This was done at 0.9, solid fill, 4 layers, bridging on, 10 deg support, fan auto...

I will try again tho!

It's a print for a friend, no idea where he got the dims from, I took it from 2d to 3d...

Nick