WTF ?

post this software please :)

I will make some people unhappy and most probably trigger a reaction on Zotrax' side.

Phew, that’s a good question right now. I wanted to release it as open source at some point, but there are several factors that make me wonder if I should release it at all.

Anything on sub’s plans or progress?

think of the damage they create in zortrax, and returns to print arts

I will make some people unhappy and most probably trigger a reaction on Zotrax' side.

Since you haven't altered, patched, cracked or modified in any way the main software known as zsuite then there is not any illegal act here. You have created a tool to edit the output of the software and my thought is that editing that output is not a crime in a free world. I think Zortrax should consider some things more wisely, there are a lot great machines out there by this time with equal printing quality with zortrax but with much more features and most of all they are widely open. So from my point of view I'm an engineer, I like my busyness to run flawlessly I hate bondings and my customers never asked why I cant print this for them they ask IF I can and this was bad in many cases so my next investment definitely  will not start with a Z...at least with a locked one and Im sure its not only me.

Since you haven't altered, patched, cracked or modified in any way the main software known as zsuite then there is not any illegal act here. You have created a tool to edit the output of the software and my thought is that editing that output is not a crime in a free world. I think Zortrax should consider some things more wisely, there are a lot great machines out there by this time with equal printing quality with zortrax but with much more features and most of all they are widely open. So from my point of view I'm an engineer, I like my busyness to run flawlessly I hate bondings and my customers never asked why I cant print this for them they ask IF I can and this was bad in many cases so my next investment definitely  will not start with a Z...at least with a locked one and Im sure its not only me.

I like my business to run flawlessly too, which is why I run 4x Zortrax M200's.

I have 3 busted/useless UP Plus 2's sitting there, and the tall version of the Wanhao D5S that was going to be my big PLA machine but is a big lump of junk that I'm still modifying to print right.

I really don't understand everyones fixation with trying to change their settings.

If you were a hobbyist just looking to push the boundaries, sure I get it. But for a business knocking out end user ABS (and some PLA) products the Z is pretty hard to beat.

There's hacks and mods that can be done and I've got them all, but I even came back to Z-ABS because it prints well and costs no more than the others.

Don't get me wrong I want PLA printing as much as anyone, and already use Polymax for all my mechanical products regualarly. As soon as mods come for printing PLA reliably I'll be all over that as well.

But if you are a business you couldn't do much better than an M200 with Z-temp, dual fans and doors/sides/hood, and using the "tinned" software package.

Just my opinion and of course not the only one on earth.

As i understand it with this tool you will not need ztemp anymore by just altering the temp in the z code…

I definately dont feel the need to print all other (non z) materials as the quality is awesome! But the possibility to do so if i wish will definately be an improvement for me. Of course no guarantee for flawless prints and no warranty.

Just think about the success of z temp. All this could simply be replaced by just a small software change in z suite. Think of it as expert options with no guarantee/warranty…