X-axis layer shifting. Over, over and over again

Spoke too soon: have lost half a kg of material to layer shifts in the last two days… and lost two days…

WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!

Hi @OliverK,

we are terribly sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. Still, it seems you have not contacted our support department yet. Please, fill in the support form, so we can provide further assistance and troubleshoot the problem.

Hi @KarolinaZortrax,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have been in touch with my local reseller for a few weeks.

The M300 Dual does so many things really, really well, but it has a handful of flaws that completely undermine it. It’s a real shame.

Hello everyone.

Many of you are experiencing the problem of belt misalignment.

After several months of research I think I found a solution that is not obvious, but that works. (at least for me).

During the maintenance process of the axes explained by Zortrax in their support, there is a point that I think is very important, but that many people tend to forget. (me first :joy:).

It is the belt tension. But be careful, you have to check the tension on the top and on the bottom of the belt. When tightening the belt(s), the tension on the top or bottom may not be the same. Too tight on the bottom or too tight on the top.

The process that solves this problem is the step of running a piece of tape through the belt sprocket. (as explained in the Zortrax process). Putting this tape on will cause a tooth on the side that is too tight to pop out.

For me, it instantly solved my problem.

I look forward to your feedback.

2 Likes