Z-ABS for M300 ???

Bear in mind that PLA (PHA) is coming on both M200/M300. 

Praise da lawrd!!!

Best info ever related to Zortrax printers. Work hard guys, we all need it asap!

Wow.

Guess it will be very specific PLA/PHA or will there be a new hotend as well?

That sounds great - can you give us an idea of when that might happen?

That sounds great - can you give us an idea of when that might happen?

Q1, I believe.

2jsfax6.jpg

Marcin - I get a kick out of your sense of humor!

And the TPU?! 

The TPU is what we need…

PLA all crappy printers can do it… 

And the TPU?! 

The TPU is what we need…

PLA all crappy printers can do it… 

So PHA availability makes m200 crappy?:( 

Jokes aside - one material at the time, quality over quantity. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS7jU42Pnnk

Probably, along with PHA, there is going to be one more material released by the end of Q1 (not Flex though)

That sounds awesome, I would love to try new materials.

Side note:

It might be a good idea to make announcements in a dedicated topic.

Probably, along with PHA, there is going to be one more material released by the end of Q1 (not Flex though)

Nylon ;) 

One way of allowing all M200 materials in the M300 with minimal effort could be to just switch workspace from M300 to M200 when materials like Z-ABS is choosen.

If you are having warping problems with Z-HIPS on the M300, I've tried using ABS Juice on HIPS prints and it works very well

WOW, that would be great to see PLA , will there also be no rafts as pla doesn't need a heated bed ????

THANKS,

LOU

Raftless printing is possible with a heated bed of course, the problem is the perforated board which makes raftless printing somewhat pointless.

The 2nd problem is the need for the metallic contact area(s) which the m200/m300 uses to measure the nozzle/bed distance (and for leveling calibration).

So even if Zortrax would decide to release a non perforated bed, it would need at least the middle contact area to measure the nozzle/bed distance.

However, guaranteeing an uncovered and clean metallic area in the middle of the bed is a problem if you want to use a glue stick or BuildTak or whatever to make the model stick.

To avoid this, a non-perforated bed would need to move the contact areas to the corners of the bed and skip the middle area altogether. Which would require a firmware change and would at least make the initial height measurement slower (using two or even four points instead of one), probably even less functional in some cases (bent perfboard -> measuring outer areas might deliver worse results than middle area).

Also, as the resistance based measurement approach doesn't allow any height adjustment (nor does the slicer), even then the automatic height measurement wouldn't guarantee a good 1st level adhesion or allow for variations of bed height (e.g. using BuildTak vs. using Glue).

Looking at all of these problems, it seems totally unrealistic for Zortrax to support raftless printing in either the m200 or m300. They would have to completely rework their bed height measurement approach including the bed etc. to make this work.

This being said, there are quite a few people who print raftless on the m200. So there are ways to get around these problems, but they either need modifications to the printer (effectively disabling the automatic nozzle/bed measurement) or additional work for each print (like using shims, pausing the print etc).

WOW, that would be great to see PLA , will there also be no rafts as pla doesn't need a heated bed ????

THANK YOU. BY doing this you are solving a big issue I had M200. Offcourse I hope it will print on full range of resolution unlike HIPS and PETG

ABS and ULTRAT have too big shrinkage to use it on M300. I'm aware that smaller prints could be printed without problems but want to avoid questions, photos, negative voices all over the Internet about faulty ABS / ULTRAT prints done on M300. 

Dear Zortrax Management,

Would it not be very simple to add a feature to Z-Suite that checks the size and if you think material/size doesn't lead to acceptable result it simply wouldn't generate the file, or gives very clear warnings, you could even log that into the file, being able to check if people would contact or complain about is you could see it. I would love to buy an M300 and I think many more people have the same position, but only being able to print large models doesn't make sense. I've been looking around for a bigger machine and I don't see anyone else having this kind of limitations. The only thing this 'management' decision leads to is losing customer loyalty. We're not the kind of people that put dogs in a microwave and sue you!

Dear Zortrax Management,

Would it not be very simple to add a feature to Z-Suite that checks the size and if you think material/size doesn't lead to acceptable result it simply wouldn't generate the file, or gives very clear warnings, you could even log that into the file, being able to check if people would contact or complain about is you could see it. I would love to buy an M300 and I think many more people have the same position, but only being able to print large models doesn't make sense. I've been looking around for a bigger machine and I don't see anyone else having this kind of limitations. The only thing this 'management' decision leads to is losing customer loyalty. We're not the kind of people that put dogs in a microwave and sue you!

I don't think it's going to happen. One of their sales advisers was trying to convince me to buy an M300 by telling me that it is basically the same as the M200 and I can experiment with ultrat and abs on the M300 but of course it will void my warranty. The only way I know to make this possible would to use "z-temp" so I told the rep I'm not spending 4K on a machine that needs hacking to work as it should out of the box. Hopefully if the sales are poor they will re-think this limitation.