Z-Glass, Z- Abs, Z-Ultrat together in single print?

I want print a coin with a letter or image on top.

Ok, thats easy, but I want the coin made with Z-Glass, then pause the print and change the material to Z-Abs or Z-Ultrat..

Is there any way to do this? I think that material settings are set on begining of the print.. not after change the material...

Is there any problem sticking Z-Abs or Z-Ultrat with Z-Glass?

It will be implemented son?

It's not that there's actually a material selection inside the ZCode file, but the ZCode is created for a specific material selection (and other slicer settings).

The material selection doesn't only influence the temperature setting (which actually happen at the very beginning) but also retraction, handling of shells and other things which are embedded in the whole ZCode.

So ideally, you'd need really different ZCode for the different sections - which is something that ZSuite can't do and I have severe doubts it ever will.

There's the theoretical option of merging ZCode files externally, but with Zortrax insisting that ZCode details must not be revealed, this is not going to help you now.

On the other hand, the temperatures of Z-Glass (254°C) and Z-ULTRAT (260°) are not far apart, so I guess the temperature wouldn't be a major problem. Z-ABS temperature is a bit higher (275°C) so this is probably less likely to work well.

Theoretically nobody stops you from trying to print Ultra-T with Z-Glass settings and see how this works out. I would assume though that Zortrax' official response would be that this voids your guarantee.

You can add a pause and do a filament change in print.

If black or grey is ok, my personal first try would be with z-petg with z-glass, as z-glass is z-petg with some glass filler.... bonding between the two should be good and they run at around or the same temp.

If you need color, then agree with trying z-ultrat with z-glass (Z-abs runs much hotter overall).

Another option is z-temp (voids warranty though).

I want print a coin with a letter or image on top.

Ok, thats easy, but I want the coin made with Z-Glass, then pause the print and change the material to Z-Abs or Z-Ultrat..

Is there any way to do this? I think that material settings are set on begining of the print.. not after change the material...

Is there any problem sticking Z-Abs or Z-Ultrat with Z-Glass?

It will be implemented son?

You can put a Pause in two different ways:

- From Z-Suite

1-3-768x467.png

- From firmware (just press and hold LCD knob for 8-10 seconds)