Z-Glass

Hello
You can make Z-glass more transparent?
with some product or is there some trick?

Thanks a lot!!

I believe coating the zglass piece with XTC-3D from smooth on will give you the effect you’re looking for.

Plus doing she’ll with no infill helps majorly

You have used this product on z-glass?

He manages to give transparency to the piece?

Z-Glass is transparent (look at Z-Glass filament), but layer by layer printing makes it less transparent, because melted layers don't join in ideal flat surface;

the thicker layer option you choose, the better effect of transparency is because more intact space there is;

... or they improve printing of such material technology :)

I already printed with z-glass.
My question is whether there are some tricks to make the molded part more transparent.

This link which discusses making Tauman T-glase transparent might help.  I haven't tried it yet on Z-Glass so can't comment on whether or not it works.

http://taulman3d.com/t-glase-optics.html

Mike

This link which discusses making Tauman T-glase transparent might help. I haven't tried it yet on Z-Glass so can't comment on whether or not it works.

http://taulman3d.com/t-glase-optics.html

Mike

Wow those results are impressive; they really look like standard parts! I don’t have any z glass, by someone that does should definitely try this. :slight_smile:

thanks very much
I can not wait to try this product !!!
:)

ok i will try in a while :)

well i am not satisfied...

i tried 2 different resins on o single shell cylinder.

top is xtc-3d and bottom is Z-poxy pt39 (love the irony!). middle is untreated. both resins were single passed.

zglass_resins_test.jpg

there is a hint of better clarity but it is not actually any clearer.

ps. while preparing the test i wished i had:

1. a spiral "vase" mode equivalent in zsuite to avoid the zipper line in such a design

2. "0" as a choice at the surface layer setting, so as to set 0 top layers and print the cylinder as mesh (not as shell) and end up with a glass

3. a 0.29 z-glass profile for better result in this particular aspect

EDIT

**** my bad, i forgot coating the inside... (ty LabRat!)

let's see now... (very fast try, i;m gonna do a proper retest for better pictures)

zglass_resins_test2.jpg

it works like a charm :D

Did you coat the inside as well?

I thought there might be some issues due to the chopped glass fibers, but I was hoping.

i wanna kiss you! (ok not really :p )

i just updated my last post :)

EDIT

let's see now... (very fast try, i;m gonna do a proper retest for better pictures)

attachicon.gifzglass_resins_test2.jpg

Wow - that looks a lot better!

Huzaah!! That looks awesome! Looks like I’m going to have have glass, v2 hotend, and some xtc heading my way soon. :smiley:

EDIT

attachicon.gifzglass_resins_test2.jpg

If I got it right the second photo you used the same products but you changed only the inner lining?
  You used the option mesh? Or you used a little thick?
Thanks!!

i used shell (x1) option. last photo has resin on both outside and inside surfaces, 1st has outside only.