Z-PCABS test.

Z-PCABS is a special blend of Polycarbonate (PC) with ABS

Here you can find more informations about Polycarbonate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycarbonate

In short description of Z-PCABS: it is very resistive and very hard material, very useful for engineers and strong functional prototypes (NASA prints a lot of things with polycarbonate).

Link to the pictures (it was printed with raft and support which are still easy to remove thanks to advanced support structure!):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113625867@N06/sets/72157639474550595/

After a short test with a hammer it looks as unbreakable.

Soon this material will be available on Zortrax store.

Best Regards

Very nice indeed! What layer thickness do you use? The head looks abit rough imo.

The result looks very promising! I need this materials for making structural parts that require extra strength.

An idea of the price?

[quote name=Virgo]The result looks very promising! I need this materials for making structural parts that require extra strength.

An idea of the price?
[/quote]

Just a little more expensive than ABS, we just got samples and final price is not fully known.

0.2mm

For art Z-PCABS don’t looks too well but for mechanical stuff looks amazing :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Awesome!!! Want!!!

Great news and the black looks good! I was about to order more Z-ABS but maybe I should wait until this stuff is available… :slight_smile:

Excellent News! :smiley:

Should Z-PCABS be smoothed with acetone vapor like ABS?

There is no reason for not trying it, anyway. :wink:

The pictures showing models as is after print, PC-ZABS should be not smoothed using acetone vapor because then it looks horrible ugly with Z-PCABS material is better to leave it as is without vapour post processing.

Best Regards

I am curious about the variety of colors in which the PC-ZABS will be available, or will be only black color?

[quote name=ACC]I am curious about the variety of colors in which the PC-ZABS will be available, or will be only black color?
[/quote]

Currently only ‘shiny’ black.

Hello everybody, I am a new user of this forum and I am receiving my Zortrax M200 in a couple of days...

I would like to know from Zortrax if there are any news about the availability of the Z-PCABS filament, just because I will often need a very strong material, thanks!