Z-PEGT printing

Hi everyone!

Has anyone tried printing with Z-PETG?, my experience so far has been very similar to the one with Z-Glass, very unreliable. Every time I tried it the extruder clogs in the very beginning or by the middle of the print.

The only successful prints I had with Z-GLASS were in shell mode or very thin walled objects and when the print is almost continuous without much extruder travel (not printing).

Can anyone else share their experience?

Hi everyone!

Has anyone tried printing with Z-PETG?, my experience so far has been very similar to the one with Z-Glass, very unreliable. Every time I tried it the extruder clogs in the very beginning or by the middle of the print.

The only successful prints I had with Z-GLASS were in shell mode or very thin walled objects and when the print is almost continuous without much extruder travel (not printing).

Can anyone else share their experience?

Exactly the same Experiance

Did you have Hotend V2 ?

Did you have Hotend V2 ?

Yes, we have a 3 month old M200 v4 with v2 hot end and build plate.

You can unscrew your hotend and check if PTFE tube is placed properly, I mean the tube shouldn't protrude beyond the metal part.

I cant wait for the new V3 hotend priced at $89 USD that makes the new PET-G filament work ;D

This is bad news, I was thinking of trying this filament my self

Yes, this is a bad filament to print with.  Default settings in Z-Suite manifests a stringy and blobby print result, which is just not fit for purpose!

It appears that the filament does not flow as well as the Z-Ultrat.

I have also noticed a popping noise, which is probably trapped air in the nozzle caused by to much retraction.  What follows is a stringy and blobby output which can be compounded when the hot end decides to move to the opposite end of the job collecting aforementioned blob on the hot end, creating more strings on the print.  Perhaps a small tweak in the code to allow the Z-axis to lower 1mm will allow more clearance to prevent this.

In my opinion the printing parameters for this material requires dramatic optimisation from the Zortrax team.  I live in hope that a fix for this will become available in the near future.............

G.

It works perfectly even with no v2 hot end.

you need to follow certain procedures....

Not use the feeder tube, filament should be alone

It only works on normal speed, and you must use 100% fan.

Ensure proper bed alignment

we have a propietary PETG available in White, black and clear. it performs way better than the original and it's cheaper.

Here you can see different parts, made on glass and grey petg (from zortrax),

and our Petg, on clear and white

can you tell the difference?

The part on white is very large 0 warping and with v1 hot end.

I haven't had problems printing with Z-PETG for smaller part. I have not used it on large parts yet.  v4 printer

thanks

it works :slight_smile:

It works perfectly even with no v2 hot end.

you need to follow certain procedures....

Not use the feeder tube, filament should be alone

It only works on normal speed, and you must use 100% fan.

Ensure proper bed alignment

we have a propietary PETG available in White, black and clear. it performs way better than the original and it's cheaper.

Here you can see different parts, made on glass and grey petg (from zortrax),

and our Petg, on clear and white

can you tell the difference?

The part on white is very large 0 warping and with v1 hot end.

Hang on...

No feeder tube?

Wouldn't the filament be dragging straight on the edge of the printer housing at the back?