Z-PETG and food safe

Hello,

I would like to know if Z-PETG is the same kind of "regular PET" filaments and are food safe?

Thanks in adavance for your replies.

Draz

from my point of view, even if you find the most food friendly material, the whole 3d print process is not food safe at all (extruder etc is not clean, the place you store materials is not clean, the factory that produced it was not clean and on top of that the whole layered state of the printed items is a paradise for food particles being stuck there, get rot and produce bacteria)

Be careful with what food safe means. I think there are many materials that are "food safe"....for indirect contact and works surfaces...but not for storage or eating out of.

There are a bunch of coatings available you can likely use though.

Indeed I didn't realised that environment have to be "food safe" too!

There are a bunch of coatings available you can likely use though.

Interesting! What kind of coatings is consistent with food safe requirement?

from my point of view, even if you find the most food friendly material, the whole 3d print process is not food safe at all (extruder etc is not clean, the place you store materials is not clean, the factory that produced it was not clean and on top of that the whole layered state of the printed items is a paradise for food particles being stuck there, get rot and produce bacteria)

exactly that. However, If I have to choose out of our materials, PETG and GLASS would be my call but still - I dont recommend you doing that. 

Germs and bacteria are good for you, they promote a strong immune system!

We had a discussion about that before:

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1417-z-abs-is-it-safe-for-food-storage/

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/2048-most-safe-food-z-material/

Do you need the stuff printed only for one time or long term use?

Germs and bacteria are good for you, they promote a strong immune system!

That's why I never wash my hands after using a toilet. (just joking)

Yeah, that's why you are all yellow and hide your hands with gloves.

Chemists wash their hands *before* using the toilet.

Do you need the stuff printed only for one time or long term use?

I need for long and permanent contact.