Z-PETG Warping Issue respect Z-ABS

He,

i'm thinking to buy some Z-PETG spool to try but i need an info from who use this filament.

Respect the Z-ABS the warping how is ? More or Less ?

Thank u in advance.

Less, but there still with large parts. the resolution is also less flattering (shiny appearance show obvious layers) and the finish is more complicated (sanded only, not easy to get homogeneous finish). Despite all, the parts are much more resistant than ABS. I notice that epoxy resin causes degradation of PETG, it becomes much more brittle. PETG need High speed, fan 100% and no side panels for good results.

I just printed a bunch of parts in black Z-PETG and found the same results that Virgo did.  No (or very little) warping but I don't much like the exterior appearance - too shiny, prone to layering (140 µ), and inside arches have lots of strings.  Raft removal from the platform and the part are pretty good, though. 

Thank u for your report. Since i need to print a 180x180x20 "stand" and i'm desperate. I cannot print with the zortrax cause warping issue with abs and hips and how i can see petg has the same problem.

I need change my design ... there are no chance.

Maybe you should try printing this with Zglass, zero warping, but less stiff than petg and special outward appearance (nevertheless rather easy to sand).

Thank u for your report. Since i need to print a 180x180x20 "stand" and i'm desperate. I cannot print with the zortrax cause warping issue with abs and hips and how i can see petg has the same problem.

I need change my design ... there are no chance.

you could try printing 180 x 20 x 180

On large parts have added an extra piece of pad on each corner of the part, I usually make these pads 0.4mm away from my part and usually 10mm wide and only 1mm thick, this make the raft bigger on all corners and helps the raft from pre-releasing on the corners.

As a rule when I do large parts I refresh the z-juice and do a full auto calibration prior to printing a part that I am suspect of warping. 

I have attached some photos of some Porsche Front Guard vents that I printed in Z-Ultrat, these are 180 x 150 x 25 and I had mirror image pair printed on edge with no warping.

014.JPG

There will still be warping although not much as Z-ABS. I printed a large print and I had a maximum warp of .5mm at the end of the print from every side.that is after applying oho glue to the platform before printing and using light infill. in addition to what vergo said notice that support created from PETG is hard to remove and doesn't come cleanly as with other materials.

[url=http://support.zortrax.com/preparing-z-abs-juice/]ABS Juice[/url] + Z-HIPS / Z-PETG + calibrated platform + Side Covers = 'warpless' print

Believe me, we've printed nearly 200 pieces now before TCT Birmingham to build [url=https://zortrax.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/IMG_2369.jpg]that beauty[/url]. Mostly using Z-HIPS and their design was very demanding in terms of warping. 

ABS Juice + Z-HIPS / Z-PETG + calibrated platform + Side Covers = 'warpless' print

Believe me, we've printed nearly 200 pieces now before TCT Birmingham to build that beauty. Mostly using Z-HIPS and their design was very demanding in terms of warping. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but PETG requires more airflow hence no side covers. I printed my print without side covers and the print ripped out from the raft. so ABS juise won't help you here.

I printed my print without side covers and the print ripped out from the raft.

Agree with Greycloud, I had the same problem.

Another limitation : PETG badly sticks to the calibrations areas. When I print a small model I always shift it outside of the center (raft also).

If the model is bigger, I place it at the middle, in this way the edge of the raft exceed the aluminum square.

Correct me if I'm wrong but PETG requires more airflow hence no side covers. I printed my print without side covers and the print ripped out from the raft. so ABS juise won't help you here.

With our without?:) 

http://support.zortrax.com/printing-tips-m200/

"7 - Tips for printing with Z-glass / Z-petg

To make printing with Z-GLASS or Z-PETG easier and problem-free:

• keep proper printing conditions. The temperature should not exceed 28°C,
  • take off the side covers but only if the printer is not exposed to drafts."

:)

ABS Juice + Z-HIPS / Z-PETG + calibrated platform + Side Covers = 'warpless' print

Believe me, we've printed nearly 200 pieces now before TCT Birmingham to build that beauty. Mostly using Z-HIPS and their design was very demanding in terms of warping. 

I tried printing Z-HIPS as per your recommendations and It does have less warping than PETG but there is still warping.

you could try printing 180 x 20 x 180

On large parts have added an extra piece of pad on each corner of the part, I usually make these pads 0.4mm away from my part and usually 10mm wide and only 1mm thick, this make the raft bigger on all corners and helps the raft from pre-releasing on the corners.

As a rule when I do large parts I refresh the z-juice and do a full auto calibration prior to printing a part that I am suspect of warping. 

I have attached some photos of some Porsche Front Guard vents that I printed in Z-Ultrat, these are 180 x 150 x 25 and I had mirror image pair printed on edge with no warping.

attachicon.gif014.JPGattachicon.gif018.JPGattachicon.gif029.JPG

Really amazing, good job. I'll try to follow your suggestion thank u.

Really amazing, good job. I'll try to follow your suggestion thank u.

I have another example of an ABS part warping, the two middle photos are of an ABS part that I noticed part way through the printing it had started warping and was releasing from the raft. I stopped the print and re did the set up and printed the same part on its edge (the first photo) and it printed perfectly with no warping.

yes i know that "trick" but in some part u've to use a lot of material respect the other position ...

Hi All,

Recently I got my Zortrax M200 and I have tried to print with Z-PETG  with opened side covers. My finishing print is not smooth as printing with Z-ULTRAT and is hairy (lot of hair filament around). Is their a way to get rid of these hairy filament around ? and is their any setting I have to make in Z-Suite to get better results ?

Regards,