Z-PLA Pro with regular PLA?

Didn't end well. Or start rather. It's slipping on extruder wheel. Seems strange. Sure Pro-PLA is...pro I presume but still, it's PLA with itäs retraction settings.

Ideas?

Didn't end well. Or start rather. It's slipping on extruder wheel. Seems strange. Sure Pro-PLA is...pro I presume but still, it's PLA with itäs retraction settings.

Ideas?

Have you got Z-PLA Pro already?

I have been printing standard PLA for a long time with the profile "Z-Glass". Since version 1.11 I print with Profil "Z-Glass" but 245 ° C and + 2% Extruder Flow Rate and BED = 45-60 ° C. In Z-PLA pro, i think the Temp. (205 ° C) is too low for normal PLA.

I have been printing standard PLA for a long time with the profile "Z-Glass". Since version 1.11 I print with Profil "Z-Glass" but 245 ° C and + 2% Extruder Flow Rate and BED = 45-60 ° C. In Z-PLA pro, i think the Temp. (205 ° C) is too low for normal PLA.

No worries, temperature Z-PLA Pro has been adjusted to make it print right. Besides, it has very different finish (matte) than usual PLA. 

Well, no, I just tried standard PLA on the Pro PLA profile. Slipping.

Well, no, I just tried standard PLA on the Pro PLA profile. Slipping.

If your 'standard PLA' requires higher temperature - that may happen. 205 is set for our PLA Pro, we cant guarantee thats gonna work without changing a temperature for any PLA on market. 

I just tried a std PLA with the PLA Profile pro. I put the extruder on 210 ° and the plate on 30 °.
Big problem: the PLA slides on the aluminum plate and does not hang. The plastic agglutinates on the nozzle.
The raft printing is way too fast. There is not enough material coming out of the nozzle.
In short, it does not work !

I'll wait for the Z-PLA!

I hope there will be also black Z-PLA. And maybe other colors (as for Inventure) in the future?
I just tried a std PLA with the PLA Profile pro. I put the extruder on 210 ° and the plate on 30 °.
Big problem: the PLA slides on the aluminum plate and does not hang. The plastic agglutinates on the nozzle.
The raft printing is way too fast. There is not enough material coming out of the nozzle.
In short, it does not work !

I'll wait for the Z-PLA!

I hope there will be also black Z-PLA. And maybe other colors (as for Inventure) in the future?

30 degrees on the build plate sounds low though, for any PLA on the market, I know that PLA “should” be printable without a heated bed, and even though I’ve done that I dont think its reliable. I always print PLA at 60 degrees.

I have been printing PLA for 3 years already (about 70kg) on BQ Witbox without hot plates. This works perfectly.
Glass plate and 3DLAC only.
I heat and hold the printer at 25 °
I have been printing PLA for 3 years already (about 70kg) on BQ Witbox without hot plates. This works perfectly.
Glass plate and 3DLAC only.
I heat and hold the printer at 25 °

Well it all depends on the build plate surface, I've printed PLA for 6 years onto at least 6-8 different build plate surfaces (Buildtak, PEI, glass, kapton, bluetape, Filaprint etc) some can print cold, some cannot...Zortrax are using some kind of coating (PVA based maybe?) which doesnt work cold cold with PLA. Same as the famous gluestick (often PVA based) which also need some heat to increase the adhesion when used together with PLA.

The PLA-based profile for external materials suggest 50 degrees on the build plate so I would test that out! I’ve tested to print some Colorfabb Economy PLA which is the only brand Im using (except Zortrax now) in the M300 and it stuck well to the bed at 60 degrees.

1 Like