Z screw skipping

ikatz - maybe the v1 printer you got is a returned printer or a show demo?

Mike

Shouldn’t make any difference. If it has the lead screw with brass nut then it is a v2 hardware wise.

It may just have a v1 main board…and he’s not alone…there are a couple people here having v2 hardware with v1 showing in the menu…

Installed the new screw / motor / nut. Problem seems gone :)

Thanks guys for your support.

good to hear!!

:) 

We have in the past been specifically advised  by Zortrax not to tighten the four screws at the base of the ball screw casing on printers that have a ball screw. If they are tightened, things will be stressed, possibly causing damage. The screws should be slightly loose, as shipped.

Julia,

He doesn’t have a ball screw. He has a v2 with lead screw and without the upper bearing support. So in his case the screws of the lead screw nut are fully tightened in delivery condition.

The OP stated "I just found out this machine is a v1", hence my comments. But as others have pointed out, maybe he has f/w that shows "v1" even though it does not have a ball screw.

Correct. He has one of those that have v2 hardware with v1 showing in the menu. The video on page 1 shows the v2 hardware pretty clearly, too.

I'm glad you guys know what you're talking about  :P

But yeah, thanks Andre for your explanation on another post re v1 or v2 issue. (its a v2 with v1 showing on the menu..  and thanks Zortrax for adding a layer of confusion to the versions)