Z-Suite absolutely too slow!

Really guys... I'm starting to hate Z-suite. The attached STL takes 5 seconds in Simplify 3D to slice and at least 5-10 minutes in Z-suite. There must be something absolutely completely wrong with the code sorry.

If a benchmark betweek product a and product b with the same final results takes approx 100x longer with product b what was your conclusion?

Zortrax please do something. Z-suite IS ALSO commercial. You say we HAVE to use it with your printers so printer together with software is ONE commercial product for which we had to pay quite a few bucks.

Meanwhile I've started to slice some objects with Simplify3D and convert it to zcode with the Z-tool.

Really disappointing...

And now get the attach and slice it with current z-suite... and get frustrated... actually it's 2.23 seconds with Simplify3D don't forget ;)

And hey... no bad feelings... but sometimes one has to be honest.

Really guys... I'm starting to hate Z-suite. The attached STL takes 5 seconds in Simplify 3D to slice and at least 5-10 minutes in Z-suite. There must be something absolutely completely wrong with the code sorry.

If a benchmark betweek product a and product b with the same final results takes approx 100x longer with product b what was your conclusion?

Zortrax please do something. Z-suite IS ALSO commercial. You say we HAVE to use it with your printers so printer together with software is ONE commercial product for which we had to pay quite a few bucks.

Meanwhile I've started to slice some objects with Simplify3D and convert it to zcode with the Z-tool.

Really disappointing...

And now get the attach and slice it with current z-suite... and get frustrated... actually it's 2.23 seconds with Simplify3D don't forget ;)

Downloaded stl, scaled it down to 90% because it was to big. used setting ABS, 0.19 , HIGH Quality , MEDIUM infill. Took 1 min 3 sec. to slice on my i7 5820K Hexa-core (12 cpu). Z-suite is not fast but I already knew that. Would be nice if Zortrax Z-suite development could optimize Z-suite for speed.

*** UPDATE ***

Note: progress bar shows 100% in 31 sec. but the sliced model is shown after 1 min 3 sec.

No it's not too big I have an M300 ;)

Downloaded stl, scaled it down to 90% because it was to big. used setting ABS, 0.19 , HIGH Quality , MEDIUM infill. Took 1 min 3 sec. to slice on my i7 5820K Hexa-core (12 cpu). Z-suite is not fast but I already knew that. Would be nice if Zortrax Z-suite development could optimize Z-suite for speed.

used your settings, with 20deg support it took 49sec on my acer notebook (i7820). Still acceptable for me.

Just for fun, try to slice it lying flat on the floor (rotate X by 90°).

Slicing times explodes from ~40s to ~10minutes.

The 40s might me acceptable but 10minutes for the very same model with the very same settings with just another orientation hints that there is some kind of systematic issue indeed.

Note that S3D still needs ~6s from start to preview with 100% size lying flat and with three times higher resolution (100µm instead of 300µm) while it's only slightly faster (~4s) when slicing upright.

Consider yourselves lucky. On my 8-core Mac Pro, that file sized to 90% took 4:40 to get to 100%, 5:37 'til ready to save. Simplify3D sliced it in under 3 seconds. 

This isn't new for Mac users. I've been using Z-Suite since V1.3.1 early last year and on my Mac Pro Z-Suite takes nearly two minutes just to boot up and can take up to an hour, sometimes more to slice a complex model. I'm guessing that's because Z-Suite as to run in the Mono framework on  Mac. Although I love the printer otherwise, had I known this up front I would not have bought a Zortrax.  

I've seen Ox's work and use Raftaway but haven't tried converting gcode to zcode. Besides improving slicing times, I'd love to have S3D's control over supports, settings, etc. Comments on how well converted files print?