Z-Suite + El Capitan + MonoFramework

After OSX upgrade to El Capitan Z-Suite stopped to work.

With the old MonoFramework it stalls with a white or black window, after reinstalling Mono to the last available versions (alpha and beta) it quits with an error pointing to some indigestion related to a rotten Mono sushi.

I have to wait for a stable version of MonoFramework, meanwhile back to Z-Suite on Parallels.

Same problem here, but the following worked for me:

1. Downloaded and installed Mono 4.0.4.1.

2. Rebooted the machine.

3. Reinstalled Z-Suite.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Jacek!

It worked with a little more of reboots and FSCK.

I tried all of the above with no success. I tried Mono 4.0.4.1 and 4.2.1 . I cannot get past the serial number entry. I get the spinning beach ball. Z-suite will not start.

I couldn't get Zuite to run on El capitan either, tried a whole bunch of things and either a blank screen and wheel or an error and nothing.

For some reason Zsuite would say that mono was missing _vasprintf file but I couldn't find that file online anywhere to try and put it in Mono.

Tried a few monos too, the el capital and the two latest regular ones,

Suck too, because it took me 6 hours to reinstall my back up.. UGH!!!

Do you have the latest version of Z-Suite? It now works natively on mac and doesn't require the mono framework any more!

I just updated but I am still afraid to try. It took me over half a day when I backed up then upgraded to capitan and then had to restore. ugh! 

So that is still fresh on my mind. I'll probably give it another try in a couple weeks but for now I have a bad taste in my mouth. I know it had to do with Mono but still. 

Thanks though, I appreciate it info.

Do you have the latest version of Z-Suite? It now works natively on mac and doesn't require the mono framework any more!

This does not seem to be true. Not mentioned in the release notes, and does not work without mono. I have tried the latest Z-Suite (1.3) and the latest versions of Mono (4.0.4.4, 4.2.1), and no Mono. Can't get it to run under El Capitan.

With Mono installed, the Z-Suite window gets drawn, but it empty and with a spinning ball. Application unresponsive and has to be force-quit. With no Mono or with 4.2.1, application does not launch with an OS error. 

Latest version of el cap + latest version of Z-Suite 1.3.1 get's stuck on serial number input in new installation....

Window draws but get's un responsive.

OK, I got 1.3.1 to work. It does not work without Mono framework, OS error at launch looking for Mono framework. It does not work with Mono framework 4.2.1 which is listed as the El Capitan preview version, OS error looking for a file within Mono framework that it does not find. I deinstalled all versions of Mono (otherwise they hang around) by going to MacHD>Library>Frameworks and trashing the Mono framework folder entirely. Then I installed 4.0.4.4, restarted, and started Z-Suite. On the first launch Z-Suite was quite slow with a spinning ball and blank window, I was just about to kill it when it came up and worked. Subsequent launches are as fast as normal. 

I think I discovered that you can't just go back and install Mono 4.0.4.4 if you have already tried 4.2.1, both will exist and bad things happen. The Mono website has kind of a scary Unix shell script for deinstall, but the method I described above seems to work. 

If you have Mono 4.0.4.4 (and only that version) installed, launch Z-Suite and be patient - maybe 30 seconds? - and it worked.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2014, OS 10.11.1

Nice to know but I think I will wait a bit before I go through installing that OS again. It was a nightmare and not something I can get over so soon. lol

OK, I got 1.3.1 to work. It does not work without Mono framework, OS error at launch looking for Mono framework. It does not work with Mono framework 4.2.1 which is listed as the El Capitan preview version, OS error looking for a file within Mono framework that it does not find. I deinstalled all versions of Mono (otherwise they hang around) by going to MacHD>Library>Frameworks and trashing the Mono framework folder entirely. Then I installed 4.0.4.4, restarted, and started Z-Suite. On the first launch Z-Suite was quite slow with a spinning ball and blank window, I was just about to kill it when it came up and worked. Subsequent launches are as fast as normal. 

I think I discovered that you can't just go back and install Mono 4.0.4.4 if you have already tried 4.2.1, both will exist and bad things happen. The Mono website has kind of a scary Unix shell script for deinstall, but the method I described above seems to work. 

If you have Mono 4.0.4.4 (and only that version) installed, launch Z-Suite and be patient - maybe 30 seconds? - and it worked.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2014, OS 10.11.1

Thanks

now it work

Ok I did it. lol 

Thanks for the help guys. It works finally with El capitan.  

Had to install a few times but ended up having to start mono manually by starting some of the sub routines and it finally opened. Now works like a charm.

Cheers

BTW, I knew this is off topic but what the hell Apple did with El Capitan?! After this update (and the subsequent one:10.11.1) I can’t sign in AppStore, iTunes,iCloud keychain etc etc. No way to fix this without doing a clean reinstall what would be a huge pain in the ass.

BTW, I knew this is off topic but what the hell Apple did with El Capitan?! After this update (and the subsequent one:10.11.1) I can't sign in AppStore, iTunes,iCloud keychain etc etc. No way to fix this without doing a clean reinstall what would be a huge pain in the ass.

Really? I hadn't had that issue. 

When I installed mine last night, everything merged seamlessly. Did you have your iCloud settings set up right? I know mine was not set right last week and couldn't figure out why my mail would sync up until I went online to iCloud and changed the settings.  

Hope you get it sorted cause importing after a clean install sucks!

I’m using macs since the Classic, before Intel and OSX. This was one the worst updates I experienced.

I’m pretty good with Terminal and Software guts. Had some Frankintoshes whose needs that you have the nerves to dirt your hands.

With my install of 10.11.1 iCloud works but not iCloud Keychain, it asks for your AppleId, if you put a wrong password you have the error message but if you input the right one it enters “spinning” mode, only a force quit ends it.

The same behavior on the AppStore, I can’t upgrade any app. Same on iTunes or Messages.

I did all the tricks and spells I know, no dice.

Still waiting for a fix…

I saw this that help some people that had issues with iCloud

"Go to Preferences, under Protection check that the toggle beneath Check Secure Connections is set to Only for Parental Control."

Did you input the info when you upgraded or click the box to add later?

​Also in options for iCloud keychain there is a authorization factor from another device. not sure if you are not getting the message or email to authorize the use of that computer which sometimes happens Damn hackers made it difficult for us all.