Z-Suite is WAY TOO SLOW

@MichaelHenry and @LabRat

The problem with my Z-Suite is that it literally just stops at 29% for any larger or smaller more complicated print.

Like I keep trying to run this one:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:854890 at 43% scale of the original size but Z-Suite just stops at 29%.

It's very frustrating. It didn't used to do that ever with the older versions but now it just always gets stuck at 29% and then stops.

Also one last thing... Z-Suite keeps running like 15% - 20% of my CPU although it's stuck at 29% and doing nothing... just in case this is helpful information somehow...

Something is wrong with your operating system or hardware I have 2.5GHz i5 with 4GB RAM, windows 8,1 and Z-Suite working with light speed even with the biggest models. Maybe you have 32bit system?

I got the same sort of behavior with the Santa ornament you linked to earlier if I had support turned on and, if I remember correctly, it sliced within a few minutes with support turned off.  I didn't try it, but your squid may be suffering from the same issue - too much support might be needed.  Use Bug Tracker to report this and get official input from Zortrax.

FWIW, I sliced the squid at 25% scale (100% was too big for the Zortrax) at 0.19 mm layer height in Z-ABS at light weight and with NO support in a little over 10 minutes.  Try no support and see what you get for a slicing time.

I got the same sort of behavior with the Santa ornament you linked to earlier if I had support turned on and, if I remember correctly, it sliced within a few minutes with support turned off.  I didn't try it, but your squid may be suffering from the same issue - too much support might be needed.  Use Bug Tracker to report this and get official input from Zortrax.

FWIW, I sliced the squid at 25% scale (100% was too big for the Zortrax) at 0.19 mm layer height in Z-ABS at light weight and with NO support in a little over 10 minutes.  Try no support and see what you get for a slicing time.

MichaelHenry if I remove the supports it slices very quickly... but then the model is unprintable. It is the support that's causing the problem. I do think there's an issue with the Z-Suite software. LabRat reported the same problem of it stopping at 29% too.

I've also now run Z-Suite 1.4.1 with a few different models on a couple other computers and they all have the same problem. It stops at 29% for larger models with more support. I think it might be a Windows 10/ Z-Suite 1.4.1 interaction problem of some sort. I have clean installed Windows 10 again and deleted a bunch of programs. Anyway, thanks for your help man it's much appreciated.

Something is wrong with your operating system or hardware I have 2.5GHz i5 with 4GB RAM, windows 8,1 and Z-Suite working with light speed even with the biggest models. Maybe you have 32bit system?

No my system is 64bit. I think it's Windows 10 and Z-Suite that are having a problem interacting. Again I'm not the first user that's reported this problem. LabRat also had the same issue of Z-Suite 1.4.1 stopping working at 29% :(

My system stats are:

Windows 10 Pro

CPU: Intel ® Core ™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB

System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Again. Thanks for your help I think this is a Z-Suite 1.4.1/Windows 10 problem at this point.

Just to finish models I've had to go back to Z-Suite 1.22 and for larger prints it takes forever... like two hours to finish adding the support...

odd, I have windows 10 on 3 machines and I use Z-Suite on all of them without issue. Probably a hardware issue with the machine. do you have another computer to run on?

NightShift - try slicing the Santa ornament STL file that the OP linked to in one of his 1st messages.  It's basically a hollow spherical matrix with Santa hanging in the center surrounded by a lot of empty space.  Depending on the level of support specified, there can be a huge amount of support, essentially filling the sphere with support.  Without support the file sliced in less than 10 minutes for me and with support it was stuck at 25% (maybe it was 29%) for over 4 hours on my Win 7 Pro PX.  I doubt that the file is very printable on FDM printers, but it still seems like it should finish slicing in much less time, even with full support.

NightShift - try slicing the Santa ornament STL file that the OP linked to in one of his 1st messages.  It's basically a hollow spherical matrix with Santa hanging in the center surrounded by a lot of empty space.  Depending on the level of support specified, there can be a huge amount of support, essentially filling the sphere with support.  Without support the file sliced in less than 10 minutes for me and with support it was stuck at 25% (maybe it was 29%) for over 4 hours on my Win 7 Pro PX.  I doubt that the file is very printable on FDM printers, but it still seems like it should finish slicing in much less time, even with full support.

OK.. Just did the Santa ornament.. Took 16 minutes to slice. .09 res, solid infill, 30° support.. Same file with no support same res... 2 minutes..

Computer specs..

Win 7   64bit

i7-4770K 3.5GHz

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

OK.. Just did the Santa ornament.. Took 16 minutes to slice. .09 res, solid infill, 30° support.. Same file with no support same res... 2 minutes..

Computer specs..

Win 7   64bit

i7-4770K 3.5GHz

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

Which version of Z-Suite did you use? Also seems like you're running Windows 7. All my problems started with Windows 10 :(. Again thanks for your help Kyle.

odd, I have windows 10 on 3 machines and I use Z-Suite on all of them without issue. Probably a hardware issue with the machine. do you have another computer to run on?

Yes. I tried it on another machine and had the same problem. LabRat on the first message thread had the same problem.

Which version of Z-Suite did you use? Also seems like you're running Windows 7. All my problems started with Windows 10 :(. Again thanks for your help Kyle.

Kyle, did you never upgrade to 1.40 or 1.41 or did you downgrade from one of those to 1.2.2.  I've been trying to downgrade from 1.41 but ZSuite errors out whenever I try to run a version earlier than 1.40.  Via BugTracker Zortrax is telling that ZSuite 1.5 will fix that problem but I'd like a quicker solution so if you did downgrade, please tell me how you did it.

FWIW, I'm also in Win7. 

Yeah all my problems started once I upgraded to Windows 10 and Z-Suite 1.4.1. Z-Suite 1.22 Runs kind of ok now on Windows 10 but still slow as molasses.

Kyle, did you never upgrade to 1.40 or 1.41 or did you downgrade from one of those to 1.2.2.  I've been trying to downgrade from 1.41 but ZSuite errors out whenever I try to run a version earlier than 1.40.  Via BugTracker Zortrax is telling that ZSuite 1.5 will fix that problem but I'd like a quicker solution so if you did downgrade, please tell me how you did it.

FWIW, I'm also in Win7. 

Never upgraded.. I've been lazy and printer is doing what I need it to do..

Zortrax Team,

I like your printer but Z-Suite just takes WAY TOO LONG to add supports to a model. Some of my models literally take 3 to 4 hours for Z-Suite to add supports. When I first started using Z-Suite the program was much faster in September/October (or maybe I was doing simpler models?).

Anyway you guys REALLY need to get on this. I'm running the latest Windows 10, I've got a great Graphics card, RAM, Hard Drive etc. so it isn't my computer.

Please make Z-Suite faster. This is just ridiculous. It's all good having a closed source printer/software package but the software really needs to perform at an acceptable speed. I just downloaded the latest 1.41 Z-Suite and again it's the same darn problem.

This latest model has taken me 4 hours to fully render:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5254

This model took me 6 hours:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:854890

Thank you.

I processed santa.stl with below settings

Z-ABS

Speed Normal

Full

20% support

Fan Auto

Render time: 2 min 37 sec.

My system: Win 10 64 bit Pro Intel i7-5820K hexacore @ 3.3ghz 16GB Ram Geforce GTX970 4GB Z-Suite 1.4.1

There must be something wrong with your system if it takes multiple hours

Never upgraded.. I've been lazy and printer is doing what I need it to do..

Thanks.  I suspect 1.40/1.41 have some show stopper issues and wish that Zortrax would release 1.50.  My prints look like crap on the bottom now and trying to revert to older ZSuites just throws an error message.