Hello there, I’ve been using Zortrax for three months happily, just bought a second machine a week ago. Love them.
This weekend Z-Suite just refuses to open on my Windows 8.1 machine (hadn’t even had a reboot recently, no hardware or software changes, just refuses to open any longer). It’s a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S1 (vintage by this point haha). I’m at my wits end trying to figure out how to fix this.
According to the event viewer logs, there are two error events - event ID 1000 and event ID 1026 - .Net Runtime
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.Xml.Linq.LoadOptions)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(System.String, System.Xml.Linq.LoadOptions)
(goes on from there, but you get the picture)
To date I have
- Uninstalled and reinstalled Z-Suite (v 2.7.4 is the copy I have downloaded).
- Run windows updates, updated everything available.
- Run Lenovo System update software and updated all additional hardware specific files including bios
- Run Chkdsk off a hirens bootCD, (Fixed quite a few things according to the log, so glad I did this step)
- Run a “Clean Boot” of windows (disabling all non-essential services and applications at startup to confirm no 3rd party apps are interfering with execution).
- Disabled and re-enabled .Net runtime capabilities in windows feature options (no way to uninstall .net runtimes as far as I have seen…)
- Used .Net Framework scan and repair tools to scan for problems with runtime (none found)
- Attempted to install .net framework (setup found newer version installed, rejected installation)
I would have performed a system restore, but the only restore point available is already after the error has started to occur, so that isn’t an option sadly (note to self, increase system restore space allocation)
I absolutely need this to be working, to the point where I’m about to buy a new computer just so I can get this working asap without re-formatting my existing computer (far too much other 3D modeling applications and such already installed on this machine, can’t afford time wasted for a full factory reset)
Maybe I should partition this drive and try running Z-Suite in Linux, that might work… right?