Z-Suite on MacOS

Hi there!

We have just purchases the M300Plus printer for our startup and all of us are working on MacBooks. I have installed the Z-Suite SW on my mac and then also Z-Suite Beta v3.0.0 but none of them start-up, i.e. the Z-Suite software tries to start up as an app on the mac but then it never does, no window opens, nothing.

Could you please let me know how to resolve this issue? This is critical, as I mentioned we currently have only macOS devices!

Thank you so much!
Richard

Hello there Richard!

Could you tell me exactly which system are you running and if you have had any other Z-Suite installed on this computer before?

Could you as well try starting the app through console by going: right click → Show Package Content → Contents / MacOS / Z-Suite, and sending me the logs that will appear?

Best Regards

Hello Pawel,

I run Mac OS 11.6 (Big Sur) and I have never used or installed any Z-Suite SW before. Currently I am running the latest stable release but if you prefer I can install the 3.0 Beta. I have done that before and it behaved the same way.

Please see below the output from the Z-Suite when executed from a terminal.

Thank you so much for you help!
Richard

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ObjCRuntime.RuntimeException: Failed to lookup the required marshalling information.
Additional information:
Selector: conformsToProtocol:
Type: ViewController
—> ObjCRuntime.RuntimeException: Failed to get the ‘this’ instance in a method call to A…InvokeConformsToProtocol. —> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘/Users/stahl/.config/Zortrax/’ is denied. —> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory (System.String fullPath) [0x00192] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/src/Xamarin.Mac/external/corefx/src/System.IO.FileSystem/src/System/IO/FileSystem.Unix.cs:319
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x0002c] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/src/Xamarin.Mac/external/corefx/src/System.IO.FileSystem/src/System/IO/Directory.cs:40
at A… () [0x0000c] in <1f33526fd4f7436782a18f37c62456d4>:0
at A.
…ctor (System.String , A. , A. , System.String[] ) [0x000b7] in <1f33526fd4f7436782a18f37c62456d4>:0
at A…ctor (System.IntPtr ) [0x00154] in <4793ce6ce9234a27bd05905834de3fbe>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters, System.Boolean wrapExceptions) [0x00005] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/src/Xamarin.Mac/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/RuntimeMethodInfo.cs:936
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters, System.Boolean wrapExceptions) [0x00018] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/src/Xamarin.Mac/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/RuntimeMethodInfo.cs:944
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.DoInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00086] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/src/Xamarin.Mac/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/RuntimeMethodInfo.cs:926
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/src/Xamarin.Mac/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/RuntimeMethodInfo.cs:960
at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/src/Xamarin.Mac/external/corefx/src/Common/src/CoreLib/System/Reflection/ConstructorInfo.cs:22
at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.ConstructNSObject[T] (System.IntPtr ptr, System.Type type, ObjCRuntime.Runtime+MissingCtorResolution missingCtorResolution) [0x00045] in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-macios/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:1123
at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.ConstructNSObject (System.IntPtr ptr, System.IntPtr klass, ObjCRuntime.Runtime+MissingCtorResolution missingCtorResolution) [0x00014] in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-macios/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:1098
at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.GetNSObject (System.IntPtr ptr, ObjCRuntime.Runtime+MissingCtorResolution missingCtorResolution, System.Boolean evenInFinalizerQueue) [0x00028] in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-macios/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:1230
at Registrar.DynamicRegistrar.GetMethodDescriptionAndObject (System.Type type, System.IntPtr selector, System.Boolean is_static, System.IntPtr obj, System.IntPtr& mthis, System.IntPtr desc) [0x00056] in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-macios/src/ObjCRuntime/DynamicRegistrar.cs:862
at Registrar.DynamicRegistrar.GetMethodDescriptionAndObject (System.Type type, System.IntPtr selector, System.Boolean is_static, System.IntPtr obj, System.IntPtr& mthis, System.IntPtr desc) [0x000a0] in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-macios/src/ObjCRuntime/DynamicRegistrar.cs:869
at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.GetMethodAndObjectForSelector (System.IntPtr klass, System.IntPtr sel, System.Boolean is_static, System.IntPtr obj, System.IntPtr& mthis, System.IntPtr desc) [0x00001] in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-macios/src/ObjCRuntime/Runtime.cs:738
at ObjCRuntime.Runtime.get_method_and_object_for_selector (System.IntPtr cls, System.IntPtr sel, System.Boolean is_static, System.IntPtr obj, System.IntPtr& mthis, System.IntPtr desc, System.Int32& exception_gchandle) [0x00006] in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-macios/runtime/Delegates.generated.cs:416
at (wrapper managed-to-native) AppKit.NSApplication.NSApplicationMain(int,string[])
at AppKit.NSApplication.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00040] in /Users/builder/azdo/_work/1/s/xamarin-macios/src/AppKit/NSApplication.cs:109
at A. (System.String[] ) [0x00005] in <4793ce6ce9234a27bd05905834de3fbe>:0

It looks like your system is preventing you from starting the app.

“Access to the path ‘/Users/stahl/.config/Zortrax/’ is denied. —> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied”

Please try to get to that folder and check your permissions to it, you may have some restrictions.

Thank you, Pawel. It is indeed permissions - I’m able to run it from the terminal as root and I will figure out the permissions later on.

Many thanks again!

1 Like

No problem, glad to be able to help :wink:

Best Regards