Z-Suite V0.0.9.5 Crash on windows with NVIDIA Cards

Hi everyone.

I've got a problem with the slicer software version 9.5. On my Windows machine ( both win7 and win8.1 ) with nvidia gtx 275 and 8800 gtx cards @ 340.52 driver ( for both cards the most recent driver ) the software won't display zcode and support structures ( but it displays the original stl model) and crashes almost always after generating path for the print.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Import any .stl file

2. Generate z-Code

3. Agree to display z-code

Evertime I click somewhere inside the z-suite the screen flickers and the graphic driver eventually crashes. z-suite stays open but doesn't display the model anymore and the controls are frozen.

If I move the window around instead of clicking, the flickering starts aswell and the driver crashes but the program stays responsible and the support structure appears. Since the display driver crashed the frame rate drops heavily but I can keep working with z-suite.

A screenshot of the error message is attached.

Thanks for your help in advance.

No idea.. I have a GeForce GT640 on Win 7 and no problems..

Hallo everyone.

I have similar problem.

3 weeks ago I had ATI® FirePro® M7740 Graphics with 1GB and everything was working OK. (with the slicer software version 9.0)

Then I changed graphic card to NVIDIA® Quadro FX 3700M Graphics with 1GB@ 9.18.13.4105 driver.

Now , like B_S is saying after 3rd step, I have the same problem (with the slicer software version 9.0 and 9.5).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Import any .stl file

2. Generate z-Code

3. Agree to display z-code

Evertime I click somewhere inside the z-suite the screen flickers and the graphic driver eventually crashes. z-suite stays open but doesn't display the model anymore and the controls are frozen.

Thanks for help.

I had a similar problem when I bought the M200. I had a GTX275 and it crashed constantly. I then changed the video card for a cheap new generation GTX730. No problem so far. I think that Z-Suite needs a video card that supports the latest DirectX and OpenGL,.

It also crashes for me as soon as I try to display the Z-Code. Nvidia Quadro FX 3800, driver 9.18.13.3523, Windows 7.

Works ok on my laptop with an ATI card but I'd like to also be able to use it on my desktop.  

Please try this:

1. Open your NVIDIA Control Panel and select “Manage 3D settings”
2. Then, select the “Power Management mode” and change the option from "Adaptive" to "Prefer maximum performance"

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/522626/geforce-300-200-100-series/the-nvidia-opengl-driver-detected-a-problem-with-the-display-driver-and-is-unable-to-continue-the-a/post/4127021/#4127021

I've tried changing the settings without any results. If I manually add a profile for the z-suite and disable all options the z-suite will kill the driver every time I want to display the z-code.

After the driver crashes the suite displays the support structure but with significant lower frame rate.

with the slicer software version 9.6 work perfect :)

Thanks Zortrax Team.

Hi,

Just to confirm what Banan just said. i also did have the same troubles like you all have. (I do have a Nvidia quadro FX580)

Problem solved with version 0.0.9.6

also thanks zortrax team.

I've tried changing the settings without any results. If I manually add a profile for the z-suite and disable all options the z-suite will kill the driver every time I want to display the z-code.

After the driver crashes the suite displays the support structure but with significant lower frame rate.

Does it work now with v0.9.6?

Yes, at least it does work for me

Yep.

Works perfectly.

Thx,

B_S