Z-Suite v3.5 bug

Upon launching Z-Suite v3.5, I receive an error message stating “Unable to create or access the configuration directory. Make sure you have sufficient read & write privileges to the path or any of its subdirectories and try again.

I noticed that upon first launch, Z-Suite creates a .config directory in the user’s home directory. If I manually create the folder, Z-Suite launches without error.

If a user had a previous version installed and had launched Z-Suite (thus creating the .config directory) before updating to v3.5 - the app launches fine (because it is able to find the already-existing .config directory). Launching version 2.32 creates the .config directory.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi @rachel

This is correct behavior. We’ve noticed that on some versions of macOS, the application crashes on startup (without any error message) if the user does not have sufficient permissions to create a directory within .config, or for .config itself.

We’ve implemented this message to inform users of the issue so they can create the directory themselves.

Regards,
Damian